Noble LS?

Grike

Hey peoples o/. So I've noticed that there are a lot of nobles, servants, knights and what have being rpd but there doesn't seem to be much of a community about them. Nobility isn't as fun with just npcs so would people be open for a noble rp ls?

It doesn't have to be just Ishgard. There's Ul'dah, Limsa, even Gridania to a certain extent. You could use the ls to create unions or rivalries, gather more people into your house and so on. 

Would folks be open for noble rp? Or even just forming up a house? I know, I know - these kind of groups can get a bad rap. It can get very insular and just....bad when everyone wants to rp the spoiled rich bad. I can't promise I can prevent that but I'd try my best. Not to sound incredibly cheesy but ffxiv has one of the better rp communities so I think it really could work. 

Anyway if anyone was any ideas or opinions please let me know. I'm more than open to criticism, especially if you've done noble rp before and can give me some experienced advice.

I've thought about making a "The 1% of Eorzea" linkshell myself for a very long time now.

My reasoning was simple: The vast majority of the population in Eorzea is incredibly poor, or just plain average - even in terms of adventurers. It makes no sense for the incredibly wealthy elites/nobility of the City-States to not have any idea who Spoiled Merchant Prince/Princess #7 is. If not personally, then at the very least by name. It makes. No sense. It's like... the owners of Walmart not knowing who Kim Kardashian is, or something.

I think it would be ideal for such roleplayers to have access to a listing of other rich/noble RPers, so if you wanted to meet up and RP with one of them, you could have a basis for a relationship or a hook already. "Oh shit, you're the daughter of XYZ? Damn my grandma hates the way your dad does things." Etc etc.

Ultimately I decided against making one however, mostly because I think a directory thread would serve the same purpose just as well, rather than a linkshell (on top of being more accessible). Aside from that, I've found that there's only so much room for rich people in RP circles, just as there's only so much standing room on one yacht. With that being said, attempting to reach out to so many characters that have very similar backgrounds to your own can get stale and fast.

But hey, I don't think it's a bad idea by any means. Would I join such a linkshell? Hell yeah. Do I think it's a good idea? Sure. Do I think it would see much use? ...Probably not.

I'd be interested in getting involved! I'd very much like to attend extravagant balls and banquets designed for the wealthy and influential. There's no shortage of events along those lines and yet there's usually either zero intrigue involved or very mild stuff that is essentially little different to a random conversation held in a tavern.

Graeham's presence around the nobility could be justified through his role as a Diplomat. He often deals with minor members of the nobility and wealthy merchants during his line of work and so having some more actual contacts to interact with for that sort of thing would be pretty awesome!

He has some noble blood in him but that's unlikely to arise as a plot point unless he comes to trust someone immensely due to how controversial the whole 'Garlean' and 'half-breed' things can be. ; )

I'd be interested in getting involved! I'd very much like to attend extravagant balls and banquets designed for the wealthy and influential. There's no shortage of events along those lines and yet there's usually either zero intrigue involved or very mild stuff that is essentially little different to a random conversation held in a tavern.

I think it would be neat if these events could be open to RP crashing by bad folk and the poors.

I think it would be neat if these events could be open to RP crashing by bad folk and the poors.

You rang?? I'd totally crash one!