Post about why you love the Site, the Mods, The Game and the Community

There's not many lore resources available, and the game can be a bit stingy with miss-able text and/or changing dialog, so this site is great in that I can search up a topic and have it explained already. 

The IC sections are just superb. Really, you guys are fortunate to have some talented writers in this game. I could honestly read Town Square entries for hours. Bravo on that.

Last but not least, this site seems like a pretty positive place. Not that criticism is a bad thing, but its easy to get caught up in the negative, and its great how that isn't the case here. Its about the role play first and foremost, just like it should be.

I haven't been a member for long, but I have read a lot of the threads.

I really like how the site is organized, i've never seen a wiki and forum completely dedicated to RP in a game. When I first heard about, I couldn't wait to get involved!

The fact that there is always someone looking for RP makes it easier to make connections. For me I have a hard time walking up to someone randomly in game and sending a /tell asking "Was wondering if you wanted to RP?". I feel as though the forums does a good job at making my life easier by making connections, and it not be awkward/embarrassing for me.

The Screenshot thread, enough said.

I just hope that I will become a more vocal person in the forums, and become more involved. ^_^

The wonderful dorks I've met in game, and have yet to meet.

I'm not a dork :c

(Ok yes I am)

Acceptance is the first step Beef

I don't want to recover from being a dork though.

It rules, otherwise I wouldn't be hanging out with you fellow dorks <3

The amount of talent in this place, considering how large it is, blows me out of the fucking water. I mean, before here, I had assumed that 90% of all mmo rp was shitty and just something I would dabble in here or there once every couple of years for a change of pace. And yet, here I find myself spending as much time as on my main forum rp places. Not only that, but a good portion of users are kind, witty, delightfully wicked, intelligent, and/or perfectly honest -- which is something I've been hard pressed to find in most communities.

I like the way the site is run. I like the way people rp. I even like the way people go about their rp when it's not the sort of rp I like, mostly because there's no pressure for me to interact with it. Instead, people just do their own shit, and the only time I've seen it become an issue is when people feel like they're being forced to interact with something they don't like. Even when people are being critical of others' rps, I've always had a sense of "live and let live," which is how I personally go about rp. So, naturally, I greatly appreciate it.

I dunno, man. I've made it a point to not be too socially invested in ff rp (I generally don't pursue friendships from ooc connections I make here or in game), but I think the community here is the shit.

Also, I do believe that the moderation team behaves in a professional manner despite not being paid to do their jobs. Yeah, yeah, favoritism or whatever, but seriously, you guys, you don't know how fricking bad it gets on some forums (or muds or whatever) like this if you think this is the worst it can get. It's awesome here. Room for improvement? Sure. But that's everywhere you go -- people aren't perfect; you strive for perfection, but you're never going to find it.

Good job, everyone. Thanks for being wicked cool.

I remember a time when the drama llamas of old were far more destructive in nature than they are today. Those people are long gone, and any negative influence they had has left with them. I don't think the RPC realizes how much it has it made right now. Nobody is out there trying to make a separate and new RPC under some manipulative guise. Nobody is out there on the main forums telling everyone how evil the RPC is and how nobody should support it. Nobody is waging massive political/ideological wars on the site's very existence. Those battles have all been fought and won through perseverance. The RPCs battles today consist of post editing/deletion/locking, speaking with/without filters, people posting about wanting feedback and then clearly not wanting real feedback, and...that's about it from what I can tell. That's small fry stuff guys, and it would be great if people realized that instead of getting overly heated on such things.

The RPC is at an extremely high point. I may have become a secluded hermit with minimal interaction with anyone, but even I can see that. The drama llamas of this era are ultimately harmless, events are still as populous as ever, posting activity is at an all time high, and the world (of Hydaelyn) is your oyster. The unwavering population here itself speaks for itself. Keep it up RPC!

The wonderful dorks I've met in game, and have yet to meet.

I'm not a dork :c

(Ok yes I am)

Acceptance is the first step Beef

I don't want to recover from being a dork though.

It rules, otherwise I wouldn't be hanging out with you fellow dorks <3

I don't like to use the "d" word I prefer socially awkward.

[align=center]Things I Like About the Site[/align]

- Good resource in general, a one-stop place for lore info, game info, etc.

- Good place to meet others and talk about stuff, be it the game, RP or just generally talking.

[align=center]What I Like About the Mods[/align]

- They seem very even-handed compared to mods on many other forums.  I don't have a lot of personal experience with the mods, but their posts when they need to step in are head and shoulders above those of mods on many other sites.  For example, I don't see a lot of mockery when asking someone to tone down or lay off a topic.

- They also seem like generally decent folks.  

[align=center]What I Like About the Community[/align]

- For the most part, they seem like good people.  

- Lots of helpful folks when it comes to needing help, be it help building a character, help finding lore, a hug if you need it, help hiding the virtual bodies, and lots of other stuff.

- Overall good sense of humor.  

- Variety.  There are people of all sorts here, and that makes things feel like a real community rather than just an online High School clique.  From where people come from, what kind of personality they have, what style of RP they play and so on, there are just so many different kinds of people here.

- And finally, they haven't chased me off.  I'm not the most intelligent guy in the world, I may not have the best grammar and quite frankly I might seem like an overgrown child at times, but people here have been patient and helpful.  I actually feel comfortable coming here and talking with the community, which is unfortunately the exception rather than the norm in my experience.  

Overall? Everything.

Thus far since I have joined the FF14 RP community, this site as well as the general RP community in my experience is one of THE best out of the many RP communities I have been a part of. It feels very open and very inclusive to new members. I also enjoy how open people are here to the LBGT community as well as other smaller communities. Its a nice change of pace to see from some of the disrespect they often might get IRL and across the net.

Thank you guys for being awesome.