3.15 Updates - Anima Weapons and Saint Endalim's Scholasticate Preview

Kage

Anima Weapons

ss_anima_weapons_01.jpg?e66111av1

An adventurer is only as fierce as their blade. With greater challenges ever on the horizon, the search for greater weapons is seemingly never-ending. Today's preview offers a peek at the anima weapon, whose strength will ensure the tide of battle is set in your favor.

A young researcher hailing from the Near East has come to Eorzea in search of aid. His field of study? Anima, an essence he considers to be a reflection of the soul. Through a chance encounter with the master craftsman Gerolt, he and the legendary blacksmith have joined forces to create a weapon the likes of which the realm has never seen.

FFXIV_PUB_Patch3.15_05.png

FFXIV_PUB_Patch3.15_06.png

Saint Endalim's Scholasticate Preview

f052effe888ca2ace9afca6edc0fe33bf11e3c47.png

Trouble is brewing in Saint Endalim's Scholasticate, and today's preview offers a glimpse at a new series of quests taking place in the principal seminary of the Holy See.

After the truth of Ishgard’s history is revealed, the students of the Holy See’s finest seminary find themselves in a precarious position. The Warrior of Light joins a familiar face in investigating the trials and tribulations of the future clergymen and women.

ss_saint_endalims_01.jpg?f29e340v1

ss_saint_endalims_02.jpg?71917c8v1ss_saint_endalims_03.jpg?447a2f8v1ss_saint_endalims_04.jpg?86c0fe0v1

What we know about Saint Endalim:

From my re-posting on RPC of Slycer's Translation of Yoshi-P's Interview with Famitsu

What kind of content will the Endalim Scholasticate have?

Yoshida: This is a new set of side quests separate from the Hildibrand story. It will be a completely new story, but that doesn't mean familiar characters won't appear.

Since the school is the stage, I wonder if this has any correspondence to the Beginner's Hall?

Yoshida: No, this is a side story, a school story, but not so much comedy. We'll have something else which will take the comedy role....

xjbO9zi.jpg

His name was Briardien iirc. I didn't care for him but whatever.

I was just being snarky. To nitpick, though, they did show us the Thordan weapons in another preview and the dungeon/Void Ark gear. This is a screenshot of Azys Las with Gerolt there. It's not really... actiony? Substantive? I don't know. It's not much of a preview when it's just telling is what we already knew was coming.

Blargh just click the liiink

Either way, I'm hoping to be able to get in on the ground floor on this new line of weppunz. I missed out on all the current steps...though having read them, perhaps "missed" isn't the most appropriate word. xD

Either way, would be nice to get an epic achieve in this game.

If they're dyeable out of the gate we might be able to do something about the WAR axe.

Briardien coming back is... eh. He was good as the straight man in the Hildibrand quests, but as far as the lead in the lighthearted quest chain I'm not a fan.

A mini quest chain with him as a competent detective would be quite entertaining though.

Also, be prepared for doozy lore reveals. After all, Hildi had one hell of a lore reveal at the end.