Haunted Knight Seeks Purpose

Hello, I've posted in here before for various things but this time it is seeking a cause for a character. I roleplay a dark knight named Claire Harte who is an ex child soldier and bounty hunter. What I'm looking for is someone in need of protection or someone who has a cause that she can give her sword and her life to. Having been forced to kill from a young age Claire has lost the ability to tell right from wrong in most cases however she longs for a purpose and moreover a reason to fight.

Claire's skillset is purely survival based so diplomacy is generally beyond her as is the capacity to live and function in civil society. It is for this reason she would function best under the command of someone else or as their right hand, perhaps even as just a disposable asset. Should someone show her kindness or offer her a reason to fight she would likely defend that person until her dying breath; Needles to say Claire is a bit naive and could be easily taken advantage of should whoever wishes for her services be charismatic. 

If anyone is interested in RPing this please respond here and we can coordinate in game. I care little if the character Claire serves is male or female and despite the obvious possibility for romance that is not what I'm intending to find with this, merited if it happens it happens I'm open to all kinds of things.

Anyway thank you to all those who read this, there is an incomplete wiki entry on Claire should you be interested in getting an idea about her history (Claire's Wiki Article)

If there are any questions feel free to ask away!

Definitely interested in meeting your character sometime! I think Mhaya could contribute to attempting to help Claire understand diplomacy a little more while giving her the opportunity to cut down some lowlives or fiends! Feel free to shoot me a friend request or a /tell sometime!

This is definitely up the alley of two things that I'm a part of. So, I'll definitely be in touch next time I see you online Claire to hopefully discuss things. Skar could most certainly use another strong arm and blade around for some things that might keep her a bit on the darker side. Unless that's what you're trying to get away from, then I still have something to build on her being a valuable individual for working purposes!

This is definitely up the alley of two things that I'm a part of. So, I'll definitely be in touch next time I see you online Claire to hopefully discuss things. Skar could most certainly use another strong arm and blade around for some things that might keep her a bit on the darker side. Unless that's what you're trying to get away from, then I still have something to build on her being a valuable individual for working purposes!

I'm really curious what kind of things Skar does that would keep her on the dark side. I'm not against Claire doing dark things though she is inclined towards good however she's also easily manipulated should Skar be the type. But yes definitely add me in game or perhaps if I know your character name I could also search and try to add you, I'm really quite interested in what you have in mind!

I'm really curious what kind of things Skar does that would keep her on the dark side. I'm not against Claire doing dark things though she is inclined towards good however she's also easily manipulated should Skar be the type. But yes definitely add me in game or perhaps if I know your character name I could also search and try to add you, I'm really quite interested in what you have in mind!

The name is Skar Blackthorn, and yeah, definitely will explain a bit more in detail when we catch each other online.

Sounds like you need a glorious Paladin in your life.

Let's meet sometime!

It depends on the character really. It seems pretty unlikely a dark knight would serve under a paladin unless said paladin charmed the heck out of them. I'd need to know more on this one.

To turn things around a bit (rather than Claire being under someone else's wing) Maqali is a kid who could use a bit of education on the real world. She's pretty blind to some of the harsher realities of life in Eorzea (e.g. she thinks Garlemald is friendly and only wants to help keep Eorzea safe, though she's smart enough now to realize this is not a popular point of view). She's made a number of friends who are helping her learn to fight and hunt, but no one yet who can help take off those rose-tinted glasses. Just a thought to consider, if you think Claire could be fun to play as a mentor too :)