Festival of The Free Companies - March 19th

igX5tts.png

Bored from the lack of excitement that the end of the Starlight Holiday Season brought you? Unsure of what to do next? You are in luck! Come and enjoy a Festival this spring hosted by The Bastion of Twelve! Merchants, games, plays, talent shows, science presentations! The Festival of Free Companies has it all (Or will in due time!) 

What Is Festival of the Free Companies? 

A- Festival of the Free Companies is an event to celebrate the accomplishments and success of  the Free Companies of Eorzea. Each Free Company who signs up will participate in the festival in their own unique way. This may show what their Free Company is like, for recruiting purposes, or they may choose to just do something fun! Whatever it is, each Free Company involved will have the opportunity to set up a booth, do a play, or whatever "mini event" they can think of. 

When is the Festival of Free Companies? 

A- The date is subject to change for now but we are shooting for March 19th, a Saturday!!

How will things be organized? 

A- The Bastion of Twelve will work with the various Free Companies to ensure the smooth and conflict-free operation of the Festival! A Free Company will be provided with a place to set up and given a time slot if they wish to do something other than a Merchant Table or Recruitment booth. Food stalls are also an option! At the beginning of the Saturday the Merchant area will be open at the start of the event, as well as food or drink stalls! 30 minutes prior to the start of the festival, is when various activities will start to begin! We will provide a time schedule of events to help our guests determine which things they would most like to see! 

This sounds great! How does a Free Company sign up? 

A- You can sign up your FC by posting here with who you are and your FC name! Please note that you do not have to know what your FC plans to do for the festival right away but the deadline is 2 weeks prior to the start of the festival! You may also contact Myself, Aziza Nightshade, or Tayelle Ebonclaw, the Bastions diplomacy team!

Example Sign Up Post- FC- Bastion of the Twelve. Aziza Nightshade- High Bastion of Diplomacy. Activity- Hosting Festival of Free Companies! 

Where will this festival take place? 

A- In Old Gridania, around and in the Amphitheater there.

Any other questions? please ask me here and I will answer them to the best of my ability! 

Time Schedule of Events: 

(Time is in Central Standard Time)

1pm - Opening Ceremony Merchant Booths/Food Booths/Bars open.

2pm - Roleplaying Workshop w. Aziza Nightshade!

3pm - Triple Triad Tourney Starts / Scavenger Hunt (Hearth Heaven)

4pm - Hide The Music and Seek The Leader Game w. AXII / Raffles Begin

5pm - (Aldenard Leveworks) RP Riddle Game -

6pm - Wine Pop Game w. AXII / Triple Triad Tourney Finals Award Ceremony on Main Stage

8pm - Gilded Pony (Burlesque Show) Main Stage

10pm - Closing Ceremony/ Possible After Party

Contributing Free Companies:

Hearth Heaven

Bastion of Twelve

Aeons of Twelve

Armchair Detectives

The Masks

Starfall Trading Co

Crescent

Aetherflow

Gilded Pony

Wayfarers of Eorzea

Ul'dah Garden Academy

Jackal and Hide

The Outriders

Messers and Mundane

Storm Chasers

Crimson Phoenix

Norphica's Crusaders

The Midnight Pearl

MQ

Aetherial Warriors

Warlords of the Mist

Spicy Siracha Squad

Arcadeus

Sakurai Spa and Tea

Lucky Succors

The Vanguard

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Big news for The Festival of Free Companies! The Uldah Garden Academy will be participating! In other news we have our first charity event, buy cookies to help out the less fortunate in Eorzea! This month you'll see the event really come together and Bastion will make sure that you have a map and time table of all the events you can attend! Please look forward to it! 

In other news, we have a banner now and I am still looking for volunteers and free companies. We need all hands on deck for this massive undertaking!

The Wayfarers of Eorzea will support this. I actually planned to eventually do an event like this of our own, but I am happy to see someone else is organizing it. I will contact you with further details as to what we will be bringing, but if you are in need of anything, help, door prizes, ideas, please feel free to PM me and let me know.

Thank you for hosting this!

P.S. Reminds me of the Three Lanterns Market on Wyrmrest Accord. I'm sort of curious if you might have came from the same place. Have a good one!

• 2 weeks later...

Still Looking for volunteers! Trying to find people to set up merchant stalls and whatever else ideas you may have!! Come join in on the Festival Fun. Support Festival of FC's today!

Hello! I spoke to one of my teachers today and we'll be making miniature toys to sell IC'ly for your festival if you'd like. It will all be done IC'ly over the month of Engineering classes lead by Jujuwai Totowai and made by his students. Please let me know if you would like this, we can either be with the Wayfarer's thing or have a separate stall.

Jackal & Hide would like to come to this but the Sunny Seaside Bar will be falling on that date. Of course, we could relocate the bar to Gridania for that evening as our FC's contribution, if the festival will be held at around the same time (7 pm GMT, give or take a few hours)?

Jackal & Hide would like to come to this but the Sunny Seaside Bar will be falling on that date. Of course, we could relocate the bar to Gridania for that evening as our FC's contribution, if the festival will be held at around the same time (7 pm GMT, give or take a few hours)?

Yes! We can arrange this! The idea is to have small events throughout the day of various FC's. Although 7pm GMT would fall around mid afternoon for us, so yes I hope the event is in full steam by then!

Still Looking for volunteers! Trying to find people to set up merchant stalls and whatever else ideas you may have!! Come join in on the Festival Fun. Support Festival of FC's today!

Hello! I spoke to one of my teachers today and we'll be making miniature toys to sell IC'ly for your festival if you'd like. It will all be done IC'ly over the month of Engineering classes lead by Jujuwai Totowai and made by his students. Please let me know if you would like this, we can either be with the Wayfarer's thing or have a separate stall.

Yes, I would love this! We talked in game but this is a cool idea too! Its up to you if you want to Represent Wayfarer's or do it seperately. I have no problem with Wayfarers having multiple stalls if need be.

If you need any extra hand with directing traffic or in-game advertisement, the coordinators from the Netlink of Eorzean Taverns are well and able to assist! o/

Yes please! I have a planning linkshell that I can invite you to and I would love for you to advertise. I want the whole balmung community to know they are welcome to this event! 

The idea is to grow the community and form new friends and bonds in places that didn't exist before. And to have fun!

Scaled Kitten Inc. (Armchair Detectives) Would like to sign up for this, we're not recruiting but we want to get our names out there.

We shall host turtle races commentated by our amazing commentators Ilyana Cantata, and Nisa Nisami, both women who have a talent in commenting about turtle races.

We also accept bet money in gil, but you most likely will never see that gil again even if you won.

Scaled Kitten Inc. (Armchair Detectives) Would like to sign up for this, we're not recruiting but we want to get our names out there.

We shall host turtle races commentated by our amazing commentators Ilyana Cantata, and Nisa Nisami, both women who have a talent in commenting about turtle races.

We also accept bet money in gil, but you most likely will never see that gil again even if you won.

Sounds fantastic! If you want an invite to the Planning LS let me know in game!!