Pokemon Returning Player

I only catch male Pokemon too. . .

Good to know I'm not alone lol, I just don't want to see that pink symbol by a Pokemon like Tyranitar.

What are you saying, bruh

Training your badass Dragonite in a Gen 1 game to 100, giving it the best moves, and a cool, masculine nickname before transferring it into a Gen 2 game to discover it's actually a female is priceless.

LOL

I remember I had caught a Onix once and thought they were genderless for the longest till I randomly saw the female sex symbol and went. 

". . . How the f*ck is that a girl!?" 

Such manly and Rocky features yet it's a girl. Wat.

I, for one, never doubted Gardevoir could be male.

Heck, its japanese name is Sirknight. SUCH A MANLY NAME.

If only it was possible, I'd have a male Gardevoir and a female Gallade just for laughs.

Lmfao that'd be the most backwards relationship I'd ever seen

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So...I just need to say this: I was mainly joking, using the word sexist, but the resulting conversation which has followed is the flawed thinking that has pervaded the gaming industry since it's early inception.  I am not 12 anymore (nor when I was 12 did I have this view), so I don't think things that are inherently "boy-looking" must be boy, I simply only catch male pokemon, no deep reason why.

I am not a mod, but I am just encouraging that before you say the things that followed my statement, you think long about how a person of the opposite view of you would feel.  I will never agree that Tyranitar should be a boy only pokemon, nor Aggron, nor Machamp or any other "masculine" pokemon.  Pokemon is for all genders, and I think it has taken steps over the years to integrate that idea well, with both UI and supporting characters.

Sorry to get serious, I just wanted to clarify my view before continuing this.