SpellGuard ✨ May 25 ✨ 10 PM EST

Shoshopu

Oh man, I just realized I need to put more Spellguards onto the calendar!!

Rest assured, Spellguard is tonight! (... after I get home from work... u_u)

Shopu has a special Hatchingtide prize in store for tonight's champions, and some minigames and door prizes for teams that have just lost (if they wish to hang around) or are waiting for their next match (to kill some time)! She's scoured Eorzea for the finest eggs!

[align=center]MU1qwbR.png[/align]

The 28th Spellguard tournament draws to a close! Five teams entered tonight, and I believe each match ended with a score of 3-2, which made for some very eggciting and tense battles!

[align=center]Congratulations to the champions, Azrat Lariss & Tarixxian Voren!

ZJjH1Cj.png[/align]

Our next tournament is on the 28th! See you then!

• 2 weeks later...

Spellguard's on tonight in just under an hour and thirty minutes! Come on down early and say hello! I got sick at the elementary school today, went home early and called into work haha yay so I'm actually here now

Three teams entered tonight, so Spellguard took place tonight in the ever-interesting triangle formation! The battle was very close, but our victors tonight were:

Edda Vincents & Byldaigeim Tutylwyn! Congratulations!

[picture unavailable]

Our next tournament will take place on May 12th! See you then!

Inspired by the interesting 1v1v1 format of the last tournament, the Crystal Chronicle has a special Spellguard article in this week's edition, with art by our new employee Kay'tethanir Dotharl. It can be found here.

Oh my goodness! What a pleasant surprise! The art is beautiful!

As always, I'm humbled and completely grateful to you guys for covering Spellguard. I love the Crystal Chronicle and the flavor it adds to our community.

• 2 weeks later...

Four teams entered Spellguard tonight, and half of our entrants were lalafell, which is more than acceptable! Tonight's champions are...

S'kye S'yoponi & Zigovali Rigovali! Congratulations!

zVoaYqW.png

Our next tournament is on May 26! See you then!

• 2 weeks later...

I'd really like to thank the Crystal Chronicle once again, especially their fantastic artists, for the effort they put into reporting on our server's events. <3

Heads up! Spellguard is tonight at 10 PM EST! Once again unfortunately I won't be showing up until about 15 til because of work, but on the plus side I'm done with my preclinical observations for school so I no longer have to work strictly night shifts. Hopefully from here on out I won't be having as many night shifts on Fridays. \o/

See you there!

A previous champion team has once again taken home the gold tonight!

[align=center]Congratulations to Azrat Lariss & Tarixxian Voren!

0RCQt7i.png

[/align]

Our next event is scheduled for June 9! See you then!

• 2 weeks later...

Whew! Tonight was a long one, with six teams and three rounds! A lot of new faces out here tonight, one of which rose to the top!

[align=center]Congratulations to Narval Moks & Josiah Covey!

ZbmfAHM.png[/align]

Our next tournament is on June 23! Same time, same place!

• 2 weeks later...

Spellguard is on for tonight, when I get home from work! ... provided that I'm logged in when I get home. By 10 PM the login queue itself is longer than most Spellguard tournaments, so please watch this thread for updates tonight as to Spellguard's status (or check my online status ingame). Thank you!

Just got off work, and Fyrilsunn has informed me that I disconnected just before he left the house to pick me up. The queue's at about 3k right now and the ETA is at least a couple hours, so unfortunately I'm going to have to call off Spellguard this week. The tournament will pick up at the next scheduled date, July 7! See you then!!

edit: oh, and now that I'm home it seems that I've encountered a lobby server error. So... yeah, probably not going to be logged back in until tomorrow. orz

• 2 weeks later...

Oof. I guess people are still busy with all that new content! Spellguard will continue as scheduled on the 21st, but for now, if you hurry you might catch Shoshopu sparring with a friend!

See you in a couple weeks!

• 2 weeks later...

Spellguard tonight was a blast! As three teams entered, we employed our 1v1v1 formation!

[align=center]Tonight's champions are newcomers Fiona Delaine and Mareth Ravenlocke! Congrats!

J4KvWPc.png[/align]

Our next tournament is the first Friday of August, the 4th! Same time, same place! See you there!

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for the radio silence tonight and this delayed announcement. I had to take the night shift at work tonight for a coworker and had a friend camp out the event site for me and keep me updated on Discord, to sort of usher people till I got home. I was lead to believe nobody had showed up anyway, at least not enough to host a tournament tonight, so I resigned myself to call it off for the week and then proceeded to completely forget to post here reflecting as such once I got home.

I apologize! That's completely on me. I won't be working weekdays at all for basically the rest of the year so this won't happen again. Spellguard will continue as scheduled on August 18!!

• 2 weeks later...

Three teams entered tonight, so we had one of our triad formation tournaments!

[align=center]Tonight's champions are Edda Vincents & Leonnaux Altoix! Congratulations!

muH2p4x.png[/align]

Our next tournament is scheduled for September 1st!

• 2 weeks later...