Under Blue Skies [Open]

Merri

Xenedra's ears flick forward at the familiar voice of the would-be road kill, her eyes widen, and her jaw drops with the faintest of gasps. With a squeel, she vaults at Myllor, fully intending to hug the breath from him.

"Myllor~! We thought you were dead! When you didn't show up with the rest of us..!"

She squeels again, squeezing tightly enough to pop the man's head off his neck and sing-songs out happily, tears threatening, "Gods, I'm so glad you're ok~ ...What ARE you wearing?"

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Then you are Xenedra and Endemerrin... by the gods, I thought you were all dead..." He drops his blade when she pulls him into a hug, and it plants itself in a stone used to pave the ground beneath them. "I... Wait, how did you survive? And where have you been?"

He looks down at his garb. "Alot... has changed."

Hope giggles when she hears her name, and watches the reunion slightly impatiently. "Yup! That's me!" she says with a smile and several rapid nods. She waits for the reunion hug to finish before charging the black clad gentleman with a brief hug of her own. "Aurelion, right?" Hope says, flopping back against the Deepcroft entrance as she withdraws from the hug. "Different than the miner I remember. Dad still owes you for that thing doesn't he? You should probably remind him. It helps when you remind him. Anyway, fancy meeting you here. With these people." She looks around at the rest of the group before stretching her arms back behind her head and closing her eyes.

It was strange the things the young blonde lass had to say. Some of it didn't make sense but it also made her question more about the young girl. Something told her this was one she would have to look out for. Certainly in the sense of looking after but more in the, the lass could be slipperier than a snake in the grass. Then again...hmm. There was just simply too much to process just yet. More clues and puzzles pieces would be needed to fit the bigger picture. 'What do ye mean by watch list? Ye some sort of law keeper?" She question scanning the girls face before looking off up a head the others and back.

"Red? Huh...that's a good one. As well as Captain Whacky Laugh McNoodle Arms. Yer a funny girl that's for sure. " She beamed a bright smile of earnest to the younger opo-opo like hyur lass. Only to have Hope catch her attention again.

"Ah see. Well, Ah suppose Ah will...maybe...if Ah stick around long enough." She chuckled slightly knowing full well that she was like the wind and often was fickle enough to change course or direction. Though for time being she found herself wanting to stay rooted. Not that she would admit that to anyone, especially not to strangers...and certainly not just yet. "well, it seems your Da and mine have a few things in common." She nodded as her step gained a bit of a skip to avoid a rather jagged and protruding stone in walk way; her remark was more toward the young girl and opinions as really the only things so far the two seemed to have in common besides being female was the fact that they seemed to have a sense of adventure and a wild streak that no one could take from them.

Flittering up from behind the younger lass Abaigeal's attention was caught by the taller lass who Hope dubbed as "Shy Girl" seemed to have miss stepped. The rest of the party had carried on in what seemed to be a conversation with "Tall Dark and Mysteriously Broody". "Oi! Ye alriâoh...that can't be good." Abaigeal winced as the gangly woman toppled arse over elbow in strange tumbling flailing ball of limbs and clothes. She pressed her lips tightly together to prevent the eruption of laughter that was threatening to escape. Only the laughter was quelled and replaced with a wide eyed look of disbelieve as the rolly-pollied female Roegadyn continued to careen toward the party that was perfectly lined up like living pins or planks to be bowled over.

"Oh no!! Heads up!!!Er...Some one catch her!" Abaigeal waved her arms about trying to catch someone, //anyone's// attention. Her pace quickening as she gripped her dulled sword tighter while she hiked her skirts higher in chase of the distressed woman. Glimpses of rather form fitting almost painted on shorts could be seen as well as the daggers she had strapped to her thigh. This might actually be a hint that there was more then what meets the eye to the russet headed stranger.

Zesiro was just about to interrupt the absolutely charming reunion when he heard someone call out behind him. In a matter of mere moments he saw the woman practicing her barrel-rolls. Rather than let her ruin the reunion alone, he wanted in on that fun. Zesiro threw his body in the path of the boulder-woman as best he could and attempted to halt her advance. The resulting scene was a tangle of lanky limbs and loose traveling clothes. As much as he could manage, Zesiro untangled himself from Genevieve. Unfortunately for him, she was a bit sat on his tail. With a few tugs it came free.

"A thousand pardons Madame. I tried to break your fall, but the cards were not laid in my favour. I trust no harm has befallen you?" Zesiro flashed the woman a smile, and offered his hand in assistance. Expecting her to grasp his hand, Zesiro took a few quick glances around the room, trying to gauge the party.

Her descent slowed by the impact with Zesiro, Genevieve crashes to the ground under the helpful Miqo'te groaning in pain. Struggling to her feet with Zesiro's help, she smiles lopsidedly and looks generally abashed. Her face looks sufficiently 'abashed' as well, a trickle of blood running from her nose and down the side of her head from under her hair. "Yeah! I'm fine. I was just...training my body to endure damage from falling down stairs!" she says between panting breathes, still winded from the run that sent her tumbling in the first place. Offering a handshake, she notices that her elbow is bleeding as well, as is her knee. "On second thought...I think I might need a doctor."

As the band of motley adventures and misfits continued to mingle amongst themselves, a woman decorated in a long white field jacket and a matching cowled hood, which hid most of her dark complexion and facial features under shadows, began to make her descent down the cobbled steps leading to the entry way of the Deepcroft. The decorative buckler strapped to her left arm caught the diffused sunlight passing through the tree tops, reflecting the glare towards the two strangers locked in embrace. The sound of her chain mail leggings jingled with each step she took. As she passed the group, she glanced over at the commotion, giving them no more thought than any other stranger within this forest would. Approaching a man stationed nearby, she offered a nod to the guard. A soft, yet serious voice left her lips.

"Pray tell, what's the situation here?"

Myllor nods to Hope. "Yes, though I haven't seen him since then. I'll remind him."

He returns his attention to Xenedra. "But you haven't answered any of my questions, where have you all been? You just vanished that day at the Carteneau Flats-" He is interrupted by the careening female Roegadyn, and starts to move before seeing Zesiro position himself to 'catch' her. She is larger than she looked. He moves Xenedra away from it by her shoulders so the commotion did not crash into her.

He finally remembers to let go of Xenedra as he shields his eyes from a glare a newcomer accidentally reflected into the pairs faces. He ducks out of the glare, and begins to pace towards the tangle of people from the accident. Yet before he gets a chance to step away from the wall, he turns back to retrieve his blade from the stone it had lodged itself in. After the Miqo'te blinding him makes her entrance, he takes a good look at her face from behind his shades. "Oy, so Mtoto was with you!"

He paces away from the disheveled pile of human bowling pins, and paces over to interrupt Mtoto. "Still all business, I see..?" He looks her over curiously.

Myllor reels back slightly, as if Mtoto had just stabbed him. He pauses for a moment, before leaning forward again, and addressing the Miqo'te he'd confused for Mtoto.

"I'm sorry, I believe I've confused you with an acquaintance of mine from close to seven bells ago. Her name was Mtoto Wamoto." He nods a brief apology, before turning to head back to the others.

Mtoto quirks a brow, curiosity soothing her face ever so slightly. As Myllor begins to walk away from her, she ponders for a moment as she watches him move away, staring him down from head to toe and back again taking in the visual details of the man. Without realizing it, she reaches out with one hand calling out to Myllor.

"You there! Hold! Tell me how is it you know of that name."

She begins to pace forward but snaps back to her senses and stops after one step.

Myllor pauses and looks back, quizzically. She sure acts like Mtoto...

"As I have said, she was a close acquaintance of mine some seven cycles ago. Like most of my friends, she disappeared approximately five cycles ago. Why?"

He looks back over his shoulder at the Miqo'te, scanning her several times from head to tail. I'm 80% sure that's Mtoto, but I've seen doppelgangers before...

Once again, she narrowed her brow. As she moved to speak in response, she was quickly interrupted before words could leave her lips.

*eherm* "Ma'am...as we were. If you would be so kind as to follow me so we may proceed with the issue at hand. As it stands, there are s-..."

As her attention snapped back to the matter at hand, Mtoto turned to face the sentry once more after looking back at Myllor one last time before turning to follow the guard further into the Deepcroft. As she walked away, she peered from the corner of her eye back to the man, wondering who he was and how he knew her name.

At this point Mtoto and the guard are well off into the Deepcroft, quite a ways from the group, with no intention of stopping. I'll add her pre-arrival RP to my original post and post-arrival stuff after this one :)

"Ms. Wamoto, did you get that?"

She turned her focus back to the young sapling of a Wood Wailer walking alongside her who had been talking for some time now while Mtoto listened passively, obviously distracted with something. "Aye. So you say that a detachment was sent here to deal with the cultists bastards and have yet to return? About how long ago was that?" The man nodded as he listened before counting off on one hand, "Three...perhaps four bells ago now." "And no contact has been made since then?", she eyed the lad with a mixed expression of doubt and disappointment. "No ma'am. We lost contact with them roughly two and a half bells ago. Before communication over the linkpearl ceased, there were sounds of heavy combat and spells being fired off. From the details we could gather before that, they sounded as if they were already deep within the depths of the Deepcroft at that point." She nodded, taking in the information as it came. "And what of the girl? Have you received any details regarding her?" "None, Ma'am."

Mtoto let out a sigh of clear disappointment, "I suppose it can't be helped given the timing of the current Ixali attack on Hyrstmill...I take it your orders are to stand guard and wait for the party to return?" The Elezen nodded, "Unless my orders have changed, I haven't been told otherwise." The two reached a point in the dungeon path lit only by the torches burning from their cradles in the walls. Mtoto nodded one last time to the Wailer. "Right then. I'll take it from here. I'll find your comrades and the girl and bring them back in one piece. I give you my word." He offered a salute, nodding in turn, "You have my thanks. Twelve watch you."

As the two parted ways, and the sentry began returning to his post at the entrance, Mtoto waved back as she continued down the dimly lit hall alone, adjusting her gloves and clenching her fists into a tight ball.

*Use the NPC sentry as you wish.

Hope turns her attention to Abaigeal and giggles a bit. "Law keeper? Mmmmm no. Not so much. He is a fan of watch lists. I'm glad ya find me funny though. No one seems to get me sometimes, so it is refreshing." Hope laughs a bit again, still looking at Abaigeal. "Oh? Is your dad a bit blue box of 'what-the-hell-are-you-making-me-do-this-for' too?"

Hope slips herself up onto a bit of a ledge and perches, watching as the Shy Girl tumbles and the Newcomer Cat Boy tried to catch her with somewhat disastrous. She quirks her lips a bit and flops herself back down from her perch after the dust settles. She takes a keen interest in the exchange between Aurelion and the one he calls Mtoto. She paces a bit before, tapping her chin with her index finger. When the mi'qote woman has descended into the darkness below she flops herself on the steps and lays backward on the ground in front of the entrance.

"Well that was certainly... intersting. Everyone okay back there?" Hope's cadences her query in a very sing song fashion, eventually pulling up a suitable blade of grass. "Who is the Newcomer again? And for that matter Mr. Miner, what the heck are you doing here?"

Hope idly plays a tune, using the blade of grass as a whistle, while she waits for people do be done with their reunions and explanations.

"I think those questions are better left for later, don't y-" Xenedra halts mid sentence and blinks as Myllor shifts her aside by the shoulders. A quick glance behind clarifies why and she grins at Myllor in appreciation. "She's... new."

She wanders over to help up the two fallen members of her party, though her ears, if one would notice such a thing, are conspicuously trained backward toward Myllor's conversation with "Mtoto." Curious... After helping the two to their feet, she catches Endemerrin's attention and nods him over to her. "Looks like we'll need to lay some ground rules for the kiddies. Including no running ahead, hmmm~?" She jabs him in the shoulder with a a finger... the right shoulder.

Endemerrin glances at all the chaos going on around him before taking in a deep breath and letting out a long sigh. Between random appearances of old acquaintances, a tumbling Roegadyn, and strangers popping up out of the brush, it seemed as though they were already running out of space for all the insanity. "And they think I'm a nutjob~" He mused to himself as he nodded towards Xenedra.

"I suppose we can split up to cover more ground. Xenedra can lead one group, and I'll head the other. You guys go ahead and.." He wiggled his fingers at the group. "...figure it out amongst yourselves. I'm going to take a peek inside." Endemerrin shrugged his shoulders and strolled off into the large, open foyer of the deepcroft. Two large metallic statues sat perched inside, both heavily worn, rusted, and covered in moss. One wielded a massive greatsword, and the other an equally large axe.

"Huh, I don't remember these being here." He shrugged to himself. "Well, I guess it's been five years..."

He wandered up to one of the statues and rapped the back of his hand against it's leg a few times, cocking his head curiously as it gave out a dull, hollow bang that seemed to reverberate throughout the entire "statue", followed by a strange creaking noise. "Huh. That's odd." Again, he rapped on the statue, listening closer this time to the strange noise. There was a brief pause after the initial clank, and the creaking noise once again filled the air. "I don't-..." His gaze slowly traveled upwards just in time to see the statue was now staring down at him.

And it was moving.

"Oh... oh, okay. Right." He rambled to himself. "Of course it's alive. That makes perfect sense."

A resounding crash thundered out through the deepcroft as it's axe came crashing down at Endemerrin, who managed to dive to the side at the last minute. The same creaking and straining of metal began to ring out from the other side of the deepcroft as the other Dullahan began to spring to life.

"We have company!"

Endemerrin snapped his Sphairai off his hips and charged forward in a blinding flash, slamming into it's leg with his shoulder and causing a considerable dent. The Dullahan responded by sweeping it's axe down across the ground, catching Endemerrin and flipping him upside down. Without so much as skipping a beat, the Monk landed in a handstand and swept his legs down to build momentum before whirling himself up at the giant. He slammed his foot into the leg again, leaving another large dent in the already fatigued metal.

As she continued to pace down the narrowing corridors, Mtoto paused for a moment as her ear perked up to the echoing sound of metal grinding against stone and the clanging of armor coming from the direction she had just come from. "What was that?", she thought to herself as her hand instinctively began to draw towards the hilt of her sword strapped to her back. She began to spin on her heels to go check for herself when another noise caught her attention, this time much closer...and much more dire to her own situation. Her attention darted back towards the direction she was initially headed, and without pause, she drew her weapon from its scabbard.

Four figures, all clad in tattered robes and chain mail were making their way up the dimly lit path, their weapons drawn in hand and their rusted armor chiming down the hall. It appeared they hadn't noticed her just yet, but she knew once they did, there'd be no hesitation to strike at her. "They must have heard that noise as well...Damn it. So much for a covert sneak in..." As the group began to draw closer, the two lancers leading the pack finally took notice of the misplaced hooded Miqo'te standing alone in the corridor, yet before they could even charge, an eruption of flames burst down the hall towards them, knocking one of them back from the preemptive strike and temporarily halting the two forming the rear from stepping closer.

Without wasting any time after casting Fira, Mtoto lunged forward to strike at the closest person who had been headed towards her. As she broke through the Hyur's guard, her blade met the wooden shaft of his spear, swiftly slicing through the weapon and leaving the man with nothing but the wooden haft of a polearm. Her off hand reached towards the man's face, grasping it as she pushed him backwards with the momentum of her attack. As the back of his head hit the ground with a heavy thud, Mtoto reeled her hand back as she formed a fist, throwing it forward to land squarely between the man's eyes, leaving him unconscious from the blow.

Still stunned by the sudden attack, the two in the back finally charged in to aid their downed comrades. As she quickly rose to her feet to face the attackers, her sword met the blade of the man who had just charged her. The sound of steel echoed down the hall as she parried his down ward strike before pushing the man back with a kick to his stomach. The woman by his side took this as her cue to strike, but it was clear the woman was ill versed in the art of swordplay, which made dodging her thrusts all the more easier. As Mtoto dodged the woman's strikes, she smirked to herself, finally bringing her own sword to parry and knocking the blade from her attacker's hand. As the woman reached for dagger stowed away at her belt, Mtoto quickly reached forward to cast Thundara on the woman, shocking and stunning her before she fell to her knees.

The other gladiator reeled forward again, though this time around there was a burning fury in his eyes as he raised his sword above his head to strike down once more. Using her off hand, she swiftly grabbed the hand gripped around his sword's handle before flipping her own sword around to strike just under his elbow with the pommel of her own weapon, causing him to drop his blade with a cry of pain. He recoiled, but before he could react again, a plated knee met his stomach as Mtoto clutched on to his sword arm. She continued to knee the man before striking him just above the back of his neck with the butt of her sword, leaving another unconscious.

The lancer who had been knocked down from her Fira began to rise to his feet finally, his eyes widened in horror as he saw all his comrades on the ground and the woman clad in white walking towards him, sword drawn at her side. He readied his spear, trembling as his knees buckled. As she approached the youngest looking of the four, she offered a smirk before extending her hand towards the lad, palm facing him as she cast a spell to lull him into a deep slumber. As he dozed off and released grip of his spear, Mtoto moved forward to catch him before he fell forward to the ground, easing his fall as to reduce the noise he would make had she not. Once laid down, she returned to the others, casting sleep on each one in turn before looking back towards the direction the sound from earlier had come from, waiting to hear for anything else.

After a moment, the noise in the distance returned. She knew that sound. Someone was engaged in combat. But who? Could it be those from the surface? She couldn't tell without seeing for herself, and even more, she felt compelled to turn back. If that man from earlier was back there, she had to ask him. She had to know.

Myllor watches the Miqo'te clad in white leave. As he does he reaches for the hilt of his blade, almost as if to be sure it is there. He shakes his head in slight disbelief before returning his attention to the party picking themselves up. Rather than jump in and help others, he instead resumes leaning against the stone wall, idly caressing the hilt of the blade visible over his shoulder. He cracks his neck briefly, and continues to observe, before turning his attention to the entrance of the Deepcroft.

He watches the guard come back out of the deepcroft, and debates momentarily if he should forge ahead and extract information from the man about the mysterious miqo'te clad in white, but opts not to, instead observing him as he sets back up at the entrance.

Myllor next turns his attention to Endemerrin, and watches as he pokes at the Dullahan. He contemplates stopping him, in the event it is a live one, but instead grabs the hilt of his blade, and prepares for battle. When the creature begins to stir, Myllor immediately leaps skyward up onto the walls that surround the entrance, and prepares to leap down at his foe.

As Endemerrin begins to engage the first Dullahan with the Axe, Myllor observes it from above.

"Oh. Good. Doings are a transpiring." Hope snaps to her feet and bolts down the stairs, disappearing into the darkness well before her blade of grass hits the ground. She quickens her pace as she hears the sounds of combat, sprinting up to the scene, but stopping abruptly to take it in. Taking note of Endermerrin's position below, she withdrew several chakram from her belt, put on her knuckles, and dashed past Myllor, flipping into the chamber below. Hope unleashed five chakram at the height of her jump, wedging one in both of the elbow joints of each of the giant metal monstrosities, and the fifth in the knee of Endermerrin's opponent.

"Use the chakram as a wedge," Hope said as she landed and dashed toward the sword wielding Dullahan. "Apply pressure, pop the joint, and sweep the leg." She zipped forward, tossing out a fire pot, and using the flash to cover the exact direction of her assault. Dashing through the flash, she slammed a kick into the chakram wedged into the sword wielder's left arm. She followed ip up with several rapid punches, and one final kick. Hope smiled as the Dullahan's left forearm clattered to the ground. "Like that," she said grinning, flipping backward out of the way of her opponent's counter assault, and hand springing back into a ready stance. "Just. Like. That."

Holding her left arm at the elbow, Genevieve winces slightly and looks around at the others, slightly disheartened by the fact that nobody seems to be inclined to help. Taking a deep breath, she sets a stern face and reaches into her pack for a healing potion.

"Shouldn't depend on the others for everything...I have to stand on my own..." she mutters to herself, working the cork out of the healing potion with her teeth and spitting it to the side. As she brings the potion to her lips, she watches Merri approach the statue, and the statue subsequently start trying to murder Merri. Swallowing the last of the potion hard, she drops the bottle onto the ground and stares slack jawed at the Dullahan. Fumbling for her cestus, she looks in in shock at the quickly escalating battle, flinching sharply as the dull roar of Fira being cast from within the Deepcroft reaches the entrance.

"I....I...." she stutters, looking to each of the other party members in turn, watching as they move into the fray without the hesitation that was gripping tighter and tighter around her. Standing stiff in the middle of the path with her cestus at the ready, she remains paralyzed with fear and indecision.

Well what do you know. Someone actually listened! And wasrather nimble on –er...perhaps not. Slowing her pace as she caught up to the rest she doubled in half placing her palms over her knees in attempts to catch her breath. Normally the russet headed lass would have had a high stamina. However, after that run, and the hard pressed chase after the tumbling female roegadyn she was unbelievably winded. Definitely something she would need to work on if she was to stay with this lot. That was for certain. In the meantime what was important was ensuring all involved in the living game of—strike  down?—were alright.

Shaking her head she pushed up looking to the sandy blondemaleqo'te offering him a nod. Sort of a thanks for catching the lass as well as a job well done. Her emerald hues turned to the whimpering roe-lass. "Ye alright? Quite a tumble ye took?" She on looked as the younger lass looked to her arm and held it. "On the upside...not every day a lass is caught by lad awaiting with open arms ye know." She gently teased, more to try and make light of the tumble and bumble of before.

Had she not been watching the roe-lass the dancing strangermay have noticed the darker and sleek woman in white slide in past them with an air of confidence that made the ice and snow look warm. Very few could pull that off, however, she was noticed when the tall-dark-and-broody whom she had heard referred to as Myllor address her. Her attention split from helping the shy and very injured young woman to the new comer and her brood. Apparently she was an—er..nope. Wrong again. This group just seemed to get stranger by the second. Eh. At least it would make for a good tale or two. 'Oi! Such snubby weather that one! Ah seriously say with friends that act such a wanker who needs enemies!?' She thought to herself knowing fair well that her opinion should be kept. Especially if it turned out they did know the cold and calculated lass.

Her gaze returned to the wounded only to find she was taking of herself tossing back a potion. Abaigeal sheepishly looked to her toes gently placing a hand on the girl's shoulder. "Terribly sorry...Ah should have been more attentive..." She furrowed her brows apologetically only to hear the most god awful sound. With hand still on the girls shoulder she froze for the briefest of moments looking wide eyed at the giant walking metal bucket with legs and arms attacking Captain Wacky McNoodle Arm who was doing a damn good job of dodging.

A blonde mop of hair charged by with what she could almost assume was a giggle of excitement as a whizzing and whirring sound of chakrams fly through the air. The very sound breaking her frozen state as she took in the rest of the scene.  Reaching down into afe carefully places slits in her skirts she reached for her daggers just as the Giant hung of walking metal came straight for them. "Pull your socks up Lass! Looks like we need to get to milling!" The bare footed sword dancer pulled the roe-lass out of the way just as the arm of one that would have connected fell to the ground in a clatter. Naturally The Opo-opo girl, Hope would be the one of its doing. Abaigeal burst out into a smile.

"As Ah said before Ah like yer style Hope!" She called out to the flipping and twisting girl that seemed to make the Dullahan her own personal jungle gym. Pulling her throwing daggers free from the access the side slits of her skirts offer Abaigeal looked to the "shy girl" "Ye gunna be able to do this? " She nodded to her arm taking a stance that suggested she was about to run up and start bouncing about as Hope did granted they were no chakrams they could still do the job, regardless assistance was assistance and anything to take the things down was always..a good idea.

"Lest Ah need to stand yer side?" No insult was intended. As she learned in the circus, it was always better to group together at times.

Xenedra lazily unslings her bow from her shoulder, giving it a little flick. The awkward looking harp on the end flips up and she gives its strings a fond, little caress. Those in and those heading to help with the fight would likely feel a boost in energy, making them far more capable of tossing abilities with a bit of flair at the metal monsters (TP buff from Paeon of War). That done, she calmly nocks an arrow and sets her sights on one of the hulking, armor-like men. She waits.

Making her way down the corridor, the sound of combat began to grow more and more intense with each step she made towards the open area where the fighting was taking place. As she arrived at the scene of the battle, Mtoto took her sword in hand once more and charged towards the hulking mass of rusted iron battling the acrobatic monk. Noticing the Dullahan raising its arm to smash down upon the Hyur with its great axe, Mtoto quickly chanted out the words to a spell, conjuring ice to form over the armored guardian's exposed shoulder joints- effectively immobilizing the Dullahan...if only temporarily. Not one to waste time with her sneak attack from the rear, she followed the blizzara with a blast of fire to knock the giant off balance, setting the overgrown moss on its back ablaze and forcing the Dullahan to lurch forward and drop to the knee which Hope had wedged the chakram into just moments ago.

Still running, Mtoto leaped upwards towards the back of the bent over Dullahan, running up it and towards the helm of the giant. As she swung her sword, the blade ignited in flames due to the heat and the sparks of ember coming from the burning moss. With her fire imbued Flametongue lit in a glow of hot white and red, she slashed through the neck area of the rusted Dullahan, cutting through the weak metal, thereby severing the hallow head from the rest of the body. As the empty helmet fell to the ground with a loud clank, the Dullahan began to rise upwards again, the ice formed on its shoulders cracking and breaking apart as the axe wielder regained its composure from the assault. 

Clinging on to the now standing Dullahan, she flipped forward from her position, landing in a crouch next to Merri as her hood slid down from her head, exposing her face fully. She stood and turned to face the headless Dullahan. As the hot glow upon her sword faded back to the normal steel it was before, she smirked as she began to anticipate the next strike while speaking offhandedly towards the group, "Sorry you lot, but you're making a bit too much noise for my liking."

Myllor grins as he spots his opening, Mtoto's antics. "My apologies for the noise."

He brandishes his blade, and leaps skyward. As he descends, he aims his blade at the weakened right shoulder joint, and his feet at the monstrosities upper chest.

As he lands, the creature begins to lurch back forward, throwing off his aim. He stomps down hard just beneath the Dullahans neck, bowing in the metal ring around where its head once sat. The Dullahans weakened knees buckle, bend, and break beneath the weight, and it falls back onto its back with a rigid cracking.

He plants his blade into the monsters right shoulder joint, and cracks it open as simply as one would crack open a can.

"There we are, mostly disabled." Myllor turns to the other arm, expecting it to be flying his way, but it lays limp on the ground.

((Xenedra told me to post for her because she's a big dumb head<3 so we'll get the ball rolling here. Again. Since there's much more adventure to be had!))

Endemerrin cartwheeled backwards through the air, drawing his Sphairai from his hips in the process. "Come on, then. Let's finish this up quick! We have a lot of ground to cover yet~" A slight smirk crossed his face as a white light flashed briefly from his forehead. Without warning, a massive surge of what appeared to be blue flame engulfed the Hyur and radiated outwards in pulsing waves. He shot a brief glance to Xenedra, gave her a quick nod, and launched himself forward at the Dullahan. The hulking giant slammed it's sword down on Endemerrin as he made his approach, though the Monk was able to successfully side-step the attack. With it's blade now wedged in the ground, the Dullahan brought both hands onto the hilt in an attempt to pry it free.

Taking the window, Endemerrin sprinted up the blade and perched himself on it's arms before delivering a flurry of blows to it's chest in the blink of an eye. As the Dullahan began to stumble backwards from the onslaught, Merri drew back his arm and thundered out a final blow, ripping a hole through it's breastplate and sending the Dullahan crashing into the wall.

He quickly vaulted backwards off it's chest as Xenedra set loose a barrage of arrows into the exposed chestplate, sundering a hole straight through to the other side. She took a knee and nocked a final arrow as the Dullahan attempted to pull itself out from the wall, only to have the small helm mounted between it's shoulders obliterated by a well-placed bloodletter from the Bard.

With a satisfied grin spread across his face, Endemerrin snapped his Sphairai back to his hips and dusted off his hands. "Okay, then! Assuming that concludes the welcoming party~" The Hyur happily began to stroll off towards the entrance of the deepcroft, hopping casually over the smoldering remains of the Dullahan he and Xenedra had make quick work of not a minute prior.