FFXIV/PSO2 Cross Over!

Sylastair

[align=center]600x400http://www.4gamer.net/games/120/G012075/20160319004/SS/012.jpg[/img][/align]

Here is a link to a 4gamer article discussing the future collaboration efforts and item cross overs between PSO2 and Final Fantasy XIV! A screenshot of the google translate can be found here (credit to Enigmatidle on Reddit) with the basic information. So far the article only discusses items and skins from FFXIV that will be going over to PSO2 (datamining shows a possibility of FFXIV relic weapon skins being imported). Whether or not items or events from PSO2 will be coming over to FFXIV is yet to be seen.

Basically, the only reason why we might think this has any bearing on FFXIV is because of Yoshi-P's appearance on a livestream for PSO2's announcements. All of this news is for PSO2 until we get a patch where a PSO2-related item is datamined or that it is announced (like say the next Live Letter this weekend).

It's all conjecture and theorizing at the moment. Not sure I would really call this news until some type of announcement is made but considering that NA audiences never actually got to see an official PSO2 release, it feels like a slap in the face and that we may never even see the PSO2 items in a worldwide release.

Funny how we got a crossover for a game that was promised to be released to the US three years ago.

So much this. I loved the old PSO, and no NA release really had me going. :|. It's bad enough we don't get all the Monster Hunters, and then PSO as well. Bleh. So yeah, it does kind of seem a dick move. Maybe Yoshi will whisper in their ears like 'Psst. Hey guys. NA players like your shit. That means more money. You like them yens, right?'

Funny how we got a crossover for a game that was promised to be released to the US three years ago.

So much this. I loved the old PSO, and no NA release really had me going. :|. It's bad enough we don't get all the Monster Hunters, and then PSO as well. Bleh. So yeah, it does kind of seem a dick move. Maybe Yoshi will whisper in their ears like 'Psst. Hey guys. NA players like your shit. That means more money. You like them yens, right?'

The only problem with trying to get a NA release is because the copyright laws here are obnoxious. They'd have to cut out a lot of the crossover content that's been piling in PSO2.

• 2 weeks later...

Even though I know they are just re-skinned knuckles, and they aren't used that way, the tonfa in PSO2 really make me long for a class that uses something similar. If it was a bit easier to play for me, I would try it out a bit.