I'm finally here! Hey everyone

I've been in FFXVI for about a month now, and it's the second MMO I've played (after GW2). But RP'ing isn't new to me - I used to be pretty big into MUDs, if any of you know what that is haha.

Last night my friend and I transferred over to Balmung from Gilgamesh, which is something I've wanted to do ever since I learned about Balmung's community. I also freshly hit level 50, so the amount of stuff to do right now is overwhelming. I would like to be part of an FC again - are roleplay FCs a thing, or are those only for linkshells? I'm not looking for a heavily active RP guild, but one where people stay in character would be cool.

Other than that, you may find me going between Ul'Dah, Limsa and the Gold Saucer when I'm not out there saving the world. Name's Baeyarma Kah'Saki, and I hope to meet many of you soon ;)

PS Baeyarma may look loud and colourful but he's really friendly if you approach him. He just thinks there could be more colour injected into an otherwise colour-lacking world!

Welcome aboard, and welcome to Balmung :) 

Both RP FC's and RP linkshells exist - Check out the Linkshell Hall for posts. You will be able to see if a post is for an FC, a linkshell or both (marked as Dualistic).

I only realized now the usernames are different colours... and my curiosity is piqued :o

Blue is Mods, Green is Chatmods/Janitors/Helperfolks, Red is donators.

Purple is KingGodAdminEmperor Nero, and yellow is the Hardhat programmer folks.

Welcome to the RPC. Also, there's a chat client hidden in the bottom of right of your screen.

With over a half dozen colors... colors mean people are important?

[align=center]200x200http://exploregram.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/HIGHLIGHT-THE-WHOLE-BOOK-9gag.jpg[/img][/align]

I've included this easy to follow color chart of everyone's name:

[align=center]346x200https://metaversesailing.files.wordpress.com/2013/02/skippers-54.png[/img][/align]

Lalalalala~

[End Silly]

Welcome aboard!

I use to play MUDs as well, primarily a hack'n slash called Avatar and then for many years a Full PK Full RP called Achaea, the first of the Iron Realm ones - I loved that place; I even made a family tree website of the crazy family my character belonged to.

Geez... I even hand-wrote that html...

There are some FCs that do stay IC or they have a linkshell attached for IC/OoC needs. If you look under the linkshells on this website you'll see many of them are moreso for their FC than just a LS.

http://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=15

Sadly I'm not very familiar with all the different ones, but going to events and open RP in the world should start seeing different groups and styles that might appeal to you and your characters premise.

Welcome again!