FFXV Uncovered HYPE Thread (Also FFXII is a great game you should play it)

The FFXII love in this thread makes me happy. <3 I have mixed feelings about the "HD remaster" trend lately, but I would shamelessly doubledip for FF12 on PS4.

If it means we get the International version with the Zodiac Job System? omg yes.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The FFXII love in this thread makes me happy. <3 I have mixed feelings about the "HD remaster" trend lately, but I would shamelessly doubledip for FF12 on PS4.

I'm on the fence about it too (mostly I just want an excuse to play it again). Emulating the IZJS version in upscaled 1080p is already an amazing experience, the game looks great with no tampering outside of an increased resolution... If SE just did that and added like, decompressed sound, the game would be perfect.

But if they pull an FFX and outsource the "remastering" to a backwater company to remake the character models into freakish abominations... no thanks!

The biggest question then becomes, in XV-2, will it be entirely based on fashion, with the team changing clothes left and right for power ups and "final forms"?  So many questions answered, so many questions still burning...

(No but really though, I am actually pretty excited for this release, in a way I certainly wasn't for XIII, and that isn't even a sexual joke. This is the most fresh and different the series has been in a while, and I am curious to see how it all turns out!)

It'd be the first time a Yazz game was brought to a current gen console. These games, Vagrant Story in particular, which still remains perhaps my second favorite RPG, made economical use of a limited power platform to create somewhat realistic yet comic-like characters. 

On the PS2 I feel like at times this created some awkwardness. Like, Van's nose always looked dirty and such. It is the particular way they like to structure and shade faces which looked great with the limited textures of PS1, almost like a more refined Metal Gear style. As long as they handle it in house, I think likely the current Square can pull it off, but I wonder if getting another group to update it to HD Edition would translate quite as well.

I'm on the fence about it too (mostly I just want an excuse to play it again). Emulating the IZJS version in upscaled 1080p is already an amazing experience, the game looks great with no tampering outside of an increased resolution... If SE just did that and added like, decompressed sound, the game would be perfect.

Quit reminding me that I can just emulate the IZJS version. I need to get level capped. ;_;

I was on megamitensei.wikia.com today, the unofficial MegaTen wiki, when I saw THIS in the polls on the front page.

dc3cd5b519.png

Okay, SE. I'll bite. Why are you interested in what Atlus is doing with its RPGs? Or what their fans like in their games?

I was on megamitensei.wikia.com today, the unofficial MegaTen wiki, when I saw THIS in the polls on the front page.

dc3cd5b519.png

Okay, SE. I'll bite. Why are you interested in what Atlus is doing with its RPGs? Or what their fans like in their games?

That survey is months old now. Most people assumed it had to do with coinciding release dates, since Persona 5 is also slated to release sometime this year. That is most likely why they asked. Definitely something that was more targeted to the Japanese audience, as well.

So, I played the platinum demo Sunday afternoon and it was a rather interesting experience. Multiple times I was pressing the wrong button to jump, because i'm so use to FFXIV controls. From this point although it is a hype thread, I will put things in a spoiler tag to prevent any possible conflicts. ^.^

After playing, I found it interesting that we were essentially playing as a child that only became an adult during that boss fight. Is that going to be the entire premise of the game, or am I just overthinking it and forgetting that it's the tutorial level?

Only real complaint I have about is sometimes the 'Warp Drive' sometimes wouldn't work. I had enough MP and I was facing my target, but it was almost as if the game wasn't registering my button smashing.