Another Night at The Cliffs

The Miners at Nanawa have, in their generosity (and to break the rather crushing tedium of their labor) have allowed yet another 'Night at The Cliffs.'  So bring a thick skinned version of yourself or enough hard-drugs/liquor to invent a thick skinned version of yourself and join us for a night of deliberately offensive poetry, artillery music and a clientele whose test of adulthood is to shave their pubes with sandpaper (Actually, that last part we aren't sure of, but it would explain their generally surly demeanor). 

6btUhzJ.jpg?1

Hi there, Just self indulgently bumping this thread in case it were missed.  I will however mask that intent by asking a question.

Has anyone ever tried rp-ing a moshit?  Like everyone run around in a circle for a given amount of time and the character with the lowest /random has to emote getting trampled, spilling their drink or ending up flailing in that section were all the old bikers are waiting to club some one into paste.  Could be fun.

-Savo

Nebs can do angels in the mud. Is that like a moshpit on your own?

I think that probably counts so long as you manage to injure yourself in some way, perhaps vigorous flailing while wearing a t-shirt that reads 'Keep calm, I'm not having a seizure.' :)

Hey guys, I don't know if any of you saw GP's April Fools performance, but Raeje did some poetry about writing poetry on the crapper. I more than likely won't be available when this is on (I always seem to miss it) but this would be the perfect time and place to perform the pieces. I wish I could make it, because it always sounds perfect for Raeje. She's such a freaking awkward punk bard.

Raeja,

The timing of these events are pretty flexible since it entirely depends upon the schedules of the performers.  Quri, for example is on the opposite side of the planet from me so for April, it's shifted to make it a little more convenient for her crowd.  So if you'd like to make the May show...hunt down either Marcellain (who at the moment is in prison) or Savo (who lives in a sewer drain on pearl lane) and I am sure we can accommodate you.  

Bard like no one is watching!

-Savo

Magma Dancer will be rushing to catch as much of this show as possible, to support independent and willful stage divas. She can't help that her player can't get off work in time to catch the start cry.gif

Will Maggie-dancer make it in time to hop on stage?  (We hope she might.)

Magma Dancer will be rushing to catch as much of this show as possible, to support independent and willful stage divas. She can't help that her player can't get off work in time to catch the start cry.gif

Will Maggie-dancer make it in time to hop on stage?  (We hope she might.)

She'll be on stage at the Keeper's Kiss Cabaret later that night, but if you'd like to have her get up and strut beforehand... I'll have a word with her. :thumbsup:

Thanks to everyone who came to this event.  It was very fun to put on...I actually got RL stage-fright...it was lovely.  For those on the other side of the atlantic, thanks for staying up a bit late, and for those closer to the western edge of the world, thanks for logging in early.  I hope you enjoyed our spectacle of questionable poetry and we'll see the more forgiving of you next month (sometime...Marcellain gets to choose the date).

PS:  Points to the un-offended suncat nunh.  And Ulfarr for being extra loud.  To the creepy guy just standing there looking mean in the flames uniform.  Anyone who got fleas.  And everyone who had cause but didn't complain about the outhouse.

Sincerely

-Savo 

fishb.jpg

Though she got there late, Magma was quite happy to step up on the stage with some tough cookies, even if her player had to rush to prepare something and had to tweak some Joan Jett to do it.

You've come a long way, Sewer Cat. I'm sorry, though, we did have to burn that rug way back when...

Thanks so much for letting me join you on stage, Savo! I had loads of fun with the duets and getting out of my comfort zone a bit, even if I was super nervous haha. Absolutely loved everyone's songs! Kilid grabbed some screenshots, though he couldn't stay long enough to get any of Magma - sorry Nathan! :(

tumblr_o5kobzLaY51v6etm7o1_1280.png

tumblr_o5kobzLaY51v6etm7o3_1280.png

tumblr_o5kobzLaY51v6etm7o4_1280.png

tumblr_o5kobzLaY51v6etm7o5_1280.png

tumblr_o5kobzLaY51v6etm7o7_1280.png

tumblr_o5kobzLaY51v6etm7o8_1280.png

tumblr_o5kobzLaY51v6etm7o10_1280.png

tumblr_o5kobzLaY51v6etm7o9_1280.png

tumblr_o5kobzLaY51v6etm7o2_1280.png

*Begs you guys to choose a Fri, Sat, Sun or Mon for the next show, so I can be there, and hopefully perform something*

I am determined to make this still. I'm also working on a new poem for Raeje to perform, but it's not written yet. All I have is a title, and the fact that it's going to be some kind of humor bordering on awkward/inappropriate, because that's what she does best. 

*Also begs that the next one is not in April. Raeje has a busy April this year*