[Poll] Job, Class or I Can't Be Labeled Yo

What category best ICly fits your character?  

82 members have voted

1. 1. What category best ICly fits your character?

• In-game Class
    • In-game Job
    • Class from other Final Fantasy worlds
    • Self-created Class
    • Civilian/non-adventurer
    • Other (explain below please!)

Cyneler would be a Paladin due to him being in the order (aka the sultansworn)

however he is also a Flames solder. he chose the path of the paladin due to a oath his Adopted father made him take before he died to never use the sword and shield for vengeance but to defend the weak.

As far as the version of them you'll meet during public RP is concerned, the huge majority of my characters fall into the "class" box.

The exceptions are Caiden, who is an archaeologist first and foremost; and Liuthas, who I think may become a free paladin.

Aghurlal has three "classes", but they're all... classes: lancer, rogue, and fisher. Confiance also has two classes (conjurer and arcanist).

Cinu-a is broadly a "marauder"; he fights with an axe, even if he wasn't taught by the Yellowjackets. Likewise, Y'Trinity's fighting style is well within the bounds of the "archer" class, even though she wasn't taught in Gridania. Medic is a classic conjurer, Shuukami is a classic thaumaturge.

Lol.

Personally I've never played my characters as any sort of in game class. I'm mean I guess Askier was technically a MCH before the class was around but even when the class came out I kept him as his own thing. 

I've never built my characters around in game classes. I just sort of pick the one closest to their move set and run with it.

Example. Hojo is a warrior class but other than the axe I would have trouble saying he is a warrior IC when you break down how the class works in game. He doesn't rage or go berserk and he is never fighting inner rage like the Job quest line indicates. Shoot, Hojo could be also part  MCH considering he packs an arsenal that Boba Fett would approve of. 

So I just run with the concept of my character and don't let Realm's jobs define me. I'm just hipster like that. Xp

/endrandomwords

While my original character was just a Paladin, I went with ''other'' for As'elena because she's a bit of a jack of all trades.

She is heavily influenced by Lominsian life and work and is mostly seen using a sword and a pistol. She is neither a Gladiator or a Machinist however.

Due to how she was raised she has a certain knowledge of magic as well and while she makes no habit to use it, she does have the ability to.

Because of what my glamour and general RP outfit looks like (This being a Lominsian NPC uniform) people call me ''Red Mage'' a lot, and after reading up on what a red mage is, it does sound a lot like what As'elena is. She doesn't strictly use black or white magic at all, but she comes awfully close to the concept of a Red Mage apparently.