Hello.

I started playing FFXIV around Patch 2.4. Despite starting nearly two years ago I still consider myself a very new player, as I've been on and off with months of break in between. My character only has one job at 40 as I write this (The rest untouched/lower level). This time around I plan on being here much longer with some more free time and less responsibilities weighing me down. 

I'm in NA, Mountain Time (UTC -6) and most NA based events/Free Companies should work well for me.

I've been roleplaying for about 7 years now, my first MMORPG Roleplay beginning with SWG and moving into WoW and continuing on through many, many other games. I consider myself a medium-heavy Roleplayer once I've created a character I'm content with.

Currently I reside on Balmung, I was lucky enough to get on the server back when I started. I've yet to decide on a proper Roleplay character just yet. I'd like to know some more lore before using a Fantasia/Name Change on my current main. I'm thinking Miqo'te or a simple Hyur would be a good place to start from.

I'd welcome any advice/pointers you have to a fairly new player. I'm nearing Heavensward content (Which I do own) and still know very little of endgame, crafting, and a load more. So anything you can tell me is both welcome and appreciated. :D

Anyway, I'm very excited to finally be a part of both the roleplay community and the FFXIV community as a whole. If anyone can recommend any Linkshells for OOC discussion for Roleplayers that would be a wonderful start for me.

Welcome aboard. o/

I've been playing for a bit now too and still consider myself a nub. :D

These forums are a bountiful feast when it comes to information regarding the game and the RP community.

As far as linkshells, I'd start here:

http://www.ffxiv-roleplayers.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=15

There tends to be a little something for everyone.

Cheers!

Currently I reside on Balmung, I was lucky enough to get on the server back when I started. I've yet to decide on a proper Roleplay character just yet. I'd like to know some more lore before using a Fantasia/Name Change on my current main. I'm thinking Miqo'te or a simple Hyur would be a good place to start from.

Welcome to the RPC! If you're looking for some basic background lore, this starter kit should help you out. The first link has some lore, including naming conventions, on Hyur and Miqo'te. Hope this helps!

Eorzean Lore Starter Kit

-Racial Lore Compilation

-Class/Job Lore Compilation

-Hydaelyn Geography Lore

-Settlements in Eorzea Pre-Calamity

-Eorzean City-states' Political Structures Lore

-Eorzean Units of Time and Measurement Lore

Hey another WoW vet!

Welcome to Balmung, you have definitely come to the right place to meet people! I know what you mean about being new-ish. I'm in a similar boat as you and only recently have gotten the time to really get any characters close to Heavensward content.

If you ever have any questions or want a group to run MSQ duties look me up! I'm usually either on Lynea or Mik'hal and I'm on the West Coast so it's fairly close to similar time zones.