Greetings

MMORPG background

My MMO experience is fairly broad.  I started with Ultima Online, went through WoW, LoTRO, DAoC, and a few lessers that didn't really hold my attention all that long.  I actually bought FF some time ago as part of a humble bundle, but never really did anything with it...then, a short time ago, I figured I'd install it and give it a go...haven't looked back since!

RP experience

My Rp experience is even more broad than my MMO experience.  I started, like most, with AD&D back in the early 80's.  Passed into Role Master, GURPS, White Wolf (even worked for White Wolf's Black Dog Studio for a bit) Fate, and many other small-press releases.  Today, I still love a good Table-Top RP session, even if it's done online.

Character ideas/info

Eroll is still a new enough character that I don't have the complete history and personality down yet.  I'll spend a good portion of the next few weeks getting him down to the final product.  I see him as a simple farmer-boy with some healing skill.  I think the broadness of it all is still kind of a eye-opener for a kid who never thought to see anything beyond his home.

How did you learn about the coalition?

I googled FFXIV Rp and viola!

What kind of a role-player are you aiming to be? Light, medium, or heavy?

I like a nice medium RP.  I tend to spend most of my time IC (using a double parenthesis to denote OOC talk ((ex)) ), but I have been known to get into expansive talks about just about anything...

Anything from real life you're comfortable with sharing? 

IRL, I spend most of my time working IT at a local hospital, but I spend a good portion of my free time either on the computer or out in my forge.  I have been a practicing blacksmith / bladesmith for almost 25 years (you'd think I'd have it right by now).  

That's about all the 'me' I can stand for right now, so...without further ado, Hello!  Can't wait to meet some of you in game.