Can someone make a basic recent timeline of Eorzea?

I ask this because I have seen plenty of timelines of Eorzea. But all of them seem rather confusing because of how the number resets with each era and all the timelines I have seen don't show every number in each era. It becomes especially hazy when you get into recent years time. As after ARR I have no clue how many years have passed or what the present date it. I ask so I can know what year my 24 year old character would have been born, and what each year was subsequently after that. But I am sure others would like to have a timeline of RECENT history so as to pinpoint when what happened in their life and when they were born, easily. So could someone either make a list of the last 20-30 years by name? or create a more detailed graphic or something (if you are more artistic/skilled in programs than I am?) Thanks :D

You likely won't find a better one than this.

http://ffxiv.gamerescape.com/wiki/Loremonger:Timeline

It's generally updated by Anony Moose, who is one of the main loremongers on the official forums. It also includes how long ago each event was, according to "the present."

FFXIV operates in what the dev and lore team call a "time bubble." That is, there is not designated amount of time that's passed from the beginning of the game until now, as new players could join at any time. There is a general agreement that there are bubbles within bubbles, as say, all 1.0 events must have happened 5 years ago, and that all the 2.0 events would have finished before 3.0. (Yet, we've had multiple New Years, summer festivals, Valentione's Day, etc during 2.0, yet SE claims it has only been a short time).

TLDR: There is no present date. It's still "5 years after The Calamity" as long as you want it to be. At 24 years old, your character was alive before the fall of Ala Mhigo, for example.

I ask this because I have seen plenty of timelines of Eorzea. But all of them seem rather confusing because of how the number resets with each era and all the timelines I have seen don't show every number in each era. It becomes especially hazy when you get into recent years time. As after ARR I have no clue how many years have passed or what the present date it. I ask so I can know what year my 24 year old character would have been born, and what each year was subsequently after that. But I am sure others would like to have a timeline of RECENT history so as to pinpoint when what happened in their life and when they were born, easily. So could someone either make a list of the last 20-30 years by name? or create a more detailed graphic or something (if you are more artistic/skilled in programs than I am?) Thanks :D

I'm about to run off to work, so I might come back to this, but here's a few links that you might find it helpful to peruse:

-Canon Time Passage in Eorzea: Time Bubble & Gerolt Explanation

-Loremonger: Timeline

-Chrysalis: Eorzean Timeline

-Settlements in Eorzea Pre-Calamity