Realms Outside of Eorzea?

There are two realms that FFXIV are largely involved in it looks like: Eorzea and the Garlean Empire. My question is though, is if there is anything beyond the Sea of Ash and the Sea of Jade? I'm looking at the different possibilities of my character being from an entirely different Realm, but I wanted to know where are some other places besides the Empire?

There was Dhoma on Othard before the Garleans conquered it (and now burned it).

There is also Thavnair, located in the east.

I'm not sure we know about possible nations on the New World and Meracydia. The only thing I know is that Meracydia proved to resist and never got totally invaded by the Allag Empire in the 4th Era.

There are two realms that FFXIV are largely involved in it looks like: Eorzea and the Garlean Empire. My question is though, is if there is anything beyond the Sea of Ash and the Sea of Jade? I'm looking at the different possibilities of my character being from an entirely different Realm, but I wanted to know where are some other places besides the Empire?

There's a thread on Hydaelyn's Geography which covers the lore behind the islands and continents outside of our own. I've actually been meaning on a pretty large update to the thread in the near future, so be on the lookout for that. But to quickly summarize:

3 Great Continents: Aldenard (Eorzea), Ilsabard (northern), Othard (Far East)

2 other Continents: Meracydia (southern), the New World (western)

2 Archipelagos: Sharlayan (the Old World), Cieldalaes (islands of the south seas)

6+ Island Nations: Thavnair (Near East), Mazlaya, the Pearl, Bianaq, Sasuke's Isle, Toadsquatter Isle

Ilsabard is home to the Garlean Empire.

Othard, known as the Far East, is home to the city-states of Rabanastre, Dalmasca, and Doma. Othard is completely taken over by the Garlean Empire as of twenty-five years ago. Doma was recently razed by the Garlean Empire, displacing many of the Auri refugees we see in Eorzea today. Known races: Midlander, Highlander, Lalafell, and Au Ra so far.

Meracydia, the southern continent. Home to Bahamut's brood and Miqo'te. In many places still a smoldering waste since the wars with Allag, however, trade exists between its modern peoples and the Lominsans.

The New World is a continent to the west of Aldenard across the Indigo Deep. It was recently discovered by Merlwyb Bloefhiswyn twenty-two years ago. So far we know only of the nation of Mamool Ja, which trades with Limsa.

Sharlayan, the Old World is an archipelago in the north Bloodbrine Sea, far northwest of Eorzea. It is home to a society of scholars who have attempted to chronicle the histories and knowledge of the world.

The Cieldalaes are another archipelago south of Vylbrand across the Rhotano. This island chain stretches far south across the Rhotano to Meracydia with island environments ranging from jungle to grassland to desert. These are the native islands of the Lalafell. Today, the islands have a number of uses, from settlements to fishing towns, Lominsan prisons, Ishgardian summer homes, and training arenas for Maelstrom officers.

Of the many islands that dot the continents' shores and beyond, the most notable is Thavnair, the Near East. This small island nation lies far across the Sea of Jade to the east and is a primary trade partner with the nations of Eorzea. It's most notable for its skilled alchemists and its legendary weaponsmithing.

I hope that helps answer some of your questions! Let me know if you have more questions, but hopefully I'll be updating the linked geography thread with some larger lore compilations of each of Hydaelyn's foreign realms. Please look forward to it!