Lemme doodle you!

Hello! I figured I'd hit two birds with one stone here- I'm on the lookout for rp groups, fcs, friends, etc. etc.; and I also just got a new tablet. Now, I find myself very uncomfortable with digital art, I'm not used to it- but I wanna practice. So! Show me pictures of your characters! Your cool characters. Your unique characters. Interesting races/gender combos, interesting armor sets, hairstyles, etc. and lemme sketch 'em on my new tablet. That way I'll get better (hopefully), and sketch a whole variety of people types (instead of just my characters). Dunno how many I'll do, of course- let's start with five and go from there? Just send me in the direction of screenshots/references! Don't want (or expect) a whole slew of requests. They're just sketches. Anyway.

Here's two examples of stuff I've done so far- my characters, I've got a definite style I'd say. Though they look like shit compared to my traditional stuff. Must. Improve!

A friend of mine colored the colored one, so I don't take credit for that, but the linework and base shading was mine (it just looks so good colored to not show it off like that)/

Hopefully this thread will get me to start feeling comfortable with my tablet, and hopefully it'll also start fostering connections (rp with me!).

HVq6xtw.png

q9aL8CI.jpg

Sorry my elf is so damn big I still don't know the specifics of digital art lmao

Feel free to do Nailah! http://imgur.com/a/c4c90 - here's some references I had taken a while ago.

Those are terrific! If you want actual reference shots I can dig some of those up too, I have so many! :-D I just grabbed something recent.

Gah! I love your artwork! I'd love if you can do Arzilia? I can give these screens right now, but they are just quick things I had at hand. If you need more reference pictures you just let me know! You can use whatever set she has on those pictures, or even anything fancier that you'd like! (since I'm still progressing through the game, I'm stuck with the early-mid game stuff) ^^

1, 2, 3, 4

Ahh, Aya and Nailah, those pictures are amazing! I hope I can up my ante soon!

I should take a page from your book and dust off my tablet, too. I never motivated myself enough to actually practice on it but it's awesome that you're willing to do it and include the community at the same time.

I'll drop a screenshot of Feine in case you find him interesting enough to sketch. In the meantime, I'd love to learn more about your character and your preferred method for RP (RPC, in-game, Skype, etc.) and what sorta RP connections you might be looking for? 

[align=center]Feine[/align]

[align=center]Feine-Inked-EDIT_zpsrsdcxml5.png[/align]

Also! If you'd rather sketch something a bit silly, you'd be more than welcome to give a go at the bandana he often wears over his mouth/nose. It's black with a fanged "Cheshire" grin embroided on it.

Looks like you're not going to have any shortage of willing models here. xD

If you're not already snowed under with requests I would love a sketch (screenshot in the link). I only have a couple of shots of him, but if you need more I can always get them.

And for RP - I am always on the lookout for new RP opportunities so if a shady information broker/smuggler would be of interest for anything, please feel free to poke me (in game or on here).

I am finding my tablet to be progressively more infuriating. Why does everything I draw turn out so much worse than if I had a pen and paper???? I do not know. In other news, to prove I'm not dead, here's a page of my notebook from work because it was super duper slow today. I also tried my hand at a Scaith but didn't like it lmao; gimme more reference pictures man

B3Gvrzo.jpg

One of each race, feat. proper lip sizes on a certain barmaid

IMMA TRY AND DO MORE DON't worry (on my actual tablet... instead of attempting, hating it, and procrastinating until my next attempt which ends in the same result. RIP)

Hehe. I spy Hihisa! So cute! :moogle:

I think it's a matter of practice. For some, the transition from pen and paper to tablet is jarring, especially since it doesn't feel as right. This is how I feel when writing, I typically enjoy handwriting, but typing took some time to get used too.

Trust me when I tell you that I totally appreciate the sentiments of digital vs. traditional art, as I'm still working out my own kinks with the blending and color spectrum end of things. Usually I just end up cheating my way through it by smashing a boatload of colors in the same spectrum and just rubbing them all around with the smudge tool until they 'seat' within the lines. Many are my feels for you.

Just the same, I have to say you've got a very nice style - fluid and crisp. I'll be keeping an eye on you buddy, you're going places. If you're looking to get help on coloring guides, there's a plethora in step-by-step format up on deviantart, a quick google search should set you straight. Good luck! Looking forward to seeing more of your work.

As others before me have already said, it's going to take some time and practice to adjust. Though I'm sure once you're comfortable transitioning between "traditional" art and digital will be a breeze for you. From what I've already seen (using Aya's picture as an example) you're already well on your way!

P.S. Lmao @ Feine's mug. That grumpy face is perfect, thank you!

Your art style is amazing! ^^ don't give up! I have several artist friends and they all told me that the transition from traditional to digital was really tough on them. But once you figure it out it's a sharp curve of skill and time efficiency.

Those last doodles are extremely cute too! :D

I attempted some more

9PvBhcM.png

A Nailah. She looks strong

fw8lJeU.png

And a Leanne. She looks like she'd have a good smile

They've both got that "would-totally-be-better-on-paper" thing, but they're just sketches, w/e. Gonna go for fullbodies next- Hien and Arzilia because they're the only other two models who haven't had anything at all yet orz. Oh, and Scaith, but I gotta get more references

• 10 months later...

Gah! I love your artwork! I'd love if you can do Arzilia? I can give these screens right now, but they are just quick things I had at hand. If you need more reference pictures you just let me know! You can use whatever set she has on those pictures, or even anything fancier that you'd like! (since I'm still progressing through the game, I'm stuck with the early-mid game stuff) ^^

1, 2, 3, 4

Ahh, Aya and Nailah, those pictures are amazing! I hope I can up my ante soon!

I want a Dood-le! lemme know if you're still interested!

i'm BAAAAAAACK one year later lmao

2vuSPvM.png

really quick doodles of the two i never got to! and, steel wolf, i don't do commissions usually, but if you want one hmu