Fan Fest 2016 Las Vegas Meet Up Plans

Hey guys, 

To help with organizing a Las Vegas fan fest meet up, let's use this separate thread for planning. We are trying to plan a meet up with the Fan Fest Facebook group too, so I Let them know we would decide here and then we will post the official time and place for them in the FB group.

It sounds like wherever we pick needs to have alcohol. Since I don't drink, you guys will have to help me determine If our choice of venue has a good selection for you. My thought is we try to avoid bars, though, as we may have some younger members who can't get in, and they tend to be very loud and difficult to hear others in. 

So, if you would, please reply to this with the following:

1. Favored day and time for meet up.

2. Favored food and price range ( pls link suggestions)

3. How many are in your party.

I won't be at Fanfast but I used to live in Vegas and know people that currently do. If anyone needs a locals weigh in on if a place is good/bad/lame/too crowded/bad parking/bad area etc I can provide that. :thumbsup:

What would be your top recommendations for a larger group/favorite places you've been to?

I was looking at Hofbrauhaus since I know the one in Newport was a blast, though it seems like it's a good bit down the strip/away from the Paris, thoughts?

Also it seems most are flying in around mid-week from what I've seen, so Wed. or Thurs. to me might be the best dates for a group meet up (probably afternoon/evening?)

Thursday is badge-pickup-only so there won't be anything to do until Friday anyway. A meet-up on Thursday evening would likely be best.

Last year the badge pickup was the worst thing ever. Hopefully they have more than two stations to handle the 5000 people this time.

Thursday sounds fun though.

As it turns out, I'll be getting in around 3:30, so I should be able to make it to something at 8 on Thursday. I definitely agree that Thursday is the best day for it.

How many will I have? As many as 6 that I know of. Favored food is probably going to have to be "generic pub grub" to satisfy everyone. :) I might have a glass of wine or scotch, but I don't drink much.

Somewhere within walking distance is my preference, but people could always kick in on a limo... ;)

Thursday is badge-pickup-only so there won't be anything to do until Friday anyway. A meet-up on Thursday evening would likely be best.

Last year the badge pickup was the worst thing ever. Hopefully they have more than two stations to handle the 5000 people this time.

Thursday sounds fun though.

Eh I dunno... I wasn't there last time but my worse badge pickup was nearly 15hrs at fanime one year because electricity blew in the con center :/ not really exaggerating either. So if it's something hours I'm totes fine with that.

As for travel there's also the metro.

Not sure when I'll be getting on Thursday, but it'll probably be sometime during the afternoon. So yeah, I can probably make that too if you have space for one more.

Some of my FC mates might want to tag along, but I'd have to ask.

I'm not super picky when it comes to food (except for Mexican - generally not a fan), but I do enjoy a drink or two. Not particular about location, either, as long as it's within walking distance.

• 3 months later...