I'm on Balmung...now what?

Well, I've finally made the jump from Sargantas to Balmung. I really want to join a Linkshell first before jumping into a Free Company, and was wondering if anyone on the forums would like to extend a hand to a newbie FFXIV roleplayer. I'm really excited to hear the stories of other peoples' characters and how people interact with one another in the world of Eorzea.

Sorry if this really isn't the best place to post this at! :roll:

I'm moved your post over to our "Making Connections" section and added a Balmung prefix to mark the server!

Have you had a chance to peruse the Linkshell Hall and Free Company Hall? While only a small portion of the groups that are RP-friendly on the server, these are the ones we know are active and maintained! I'd recommend taking a look to see if anything catches your eye. You can join up to 8 linkshshells, but only one Free Company.

If you haven't already, I'd also recommend checking out some of the other threads in this section, the player directories, and browsing the wiki a bit! There's a TON of information in a lot of places, but it does mean you get a lot of info and a lot of options!

Inevitable hypocritical comment: The best way to get RP is to go out there and talk to people or otherwise initiate it! It waits for no one.

I'm moved your post over to our "Making Connections" section and added a Balmung prefix to mark the server!

Have you had a chance to peruse the Linkshell Hall and Free Company Hall? While only a small portion of the groups that are RP-friendly on the server, these are the ones we know are active and maintained! I'd recommend taking a look to see if anything catches your eye. You can join up to 8 linkshshells, but only one Free Company.

If you haven't already, I'd also recommend checking out some of the other threads in this section, the player directories, and browsing the wiki a bit! There's a TON of information in a lot of places, but it does mean you get a lot of info and a lot of options!

Inevitable hypocritical comment: The best way to get RP is to go out there and talk to people or otherwise initiate it! It waits for no one.

Thank you! Yes, currently I'm plowing through some MSQ, and I intend on browsing the Linkshell and FC halls...I'm just not sure which one is the best to look into at the moment. They all have their different styles of RP and differing wants for players--it's a little overwhelming. ^^