Interest check for songstress group

Hello!

Originally, I planned to make my character a solo vocalist, who used her songs to not only entertain but aide those in battle via linkpearl ( essentially a vocalist bard). I was heavily inspired by Macross.  However, the more I got to thinking about it, I wondered if it wouldn't be more fun to form a group for this. I think that it'd be a neat addition to FF14's IC culture to have something like a popular musical group.

To put it simply... I'm putting together a girl band of songstresses.

My idea is that the band wouldn't necessarily need to be what our characters think, eat, and breathe- as I'm sure any established character would already be very involved with their own plot lines. But, as it would be an actual IC occupation, I think it would make sense that the members actually aspire to be singers, and thus are not doing this on a whim. OOCly, I can't see this needing to be more than just a linkshell, but ICly, I'd really like for the singers to be dedicated to their art.

I think it would be neat for us to get involved with the community and coordinate short performances that we could offer as entertainment for those events who are looking for volunteers. I won't drown this thread in all those details though. For now, I just want to get an interest gauge on whether there are others out there who would be interested in something like this. I'm thinking about a group of 4 being plenty- but I'd also LOVE to recruit a group manager/agent who is good with PR and event coordinating.

So, are there any interested songstresses out there or people aspiring to be? What about someone who is qualified to be their agent? =)

Hey! I'm not replying to participate in the group but rather to show you that at least I think this would be a really great idea! I can't really offer Arzilia as a songstress or manager. She only sings well when she's alone, otherwise people just offer her another drink so she stops :P

Perhaps with a few lessons she could learn to do well in public.

Anyway, as a huge fan of Macross it would be interesting to have a PC group of songstresses. Totally support this and I hope you get enough interested people so I can go see your shows hopefully some time soon!

Hey, just chiming in if you ever are interested in the lore around pop bands of minstrels in Eorzea, there is actually a quest directly dealing with the subject. It's part of the mogmail series that starts in Limsa.

I'm slightly interested in this and would like to hear more if you would like to talk about it further in a PM or in-game. Rini has never aspired to be a singer, but lately she has taken an interest in music and I've considered having her pursue it as a hobby and perform at the various concerts and such. However, I was originally planning on her learning the violin, but I'm not sure if they even exist in Eorzea.

However' date=' I was originally planning on her learning the violin, but I'm not sure if they even exist in Eorzea.[/quote']

Cellos do, which means violins probably do as well! The craft technology required to make both is similar (ability to refine strings, shape wood for acoustics, etc). A quick google says the first evidence of existence of both is around the same time (1530's), although the cello might have been later (which definitely leaves you open to have your character play the violin if you like).

Sorry, off topic I know, but xD

However' date=' I was originally planning on her learning the violin, but I'm not sure if they even exist in Eorzea.[/quote']

Cellos do, which means violins probably do as well! The craft technology required to make both is similar (ability to refine strings, shape wood for acoustics, etc). A quick google says the first evidence of existence of both is around the same time (1530's), although the cello might have been later (which definitely leaves you open to have your character play the violin if you like).

Sorry, off topic I know, but xD

Thank you though! I needed that.

My main, Rhesh'ir, puts on a semi-regular show at the Gold Saucer for singing in order to realize one of his dreams. He is very into it, and if he wasn't a captain of an adventurer company, he would definitely be a full time performer. xD;

I know you said "songstress," but if your idea could ever include a male, count me as interested!

I think this is a lovely idea.  There are a few events that come up featuring musicians, bards, minstrels and the like.  I think attending those would get your character in contact with a great many like minded players (and their characters).  Or, find Nathan Telluride, he pretty much knows everybody in Eorzea who's picked up a bow or clawed a string.  

About Violins:  Throughout the sixteenth century the anatomy of bowed instruments were being experimented with.  It is conceivable that the size and tuning of a violin existed quite early historically.  The codification of our traditional symphonic instruments came later when large musical arrangements became popular, but the instruments themselves had been developed much earlier.  

Also:  Savo plays a 10-string Viol.

Savo and I do a lot of musical events together. There's a cabaret coming up on Tuesday and a show at Nanawa Mines the following Wednesday that both would be good places to meet some of Blamung's performers. I'm sure Rommie could be persuaded to work on a group project, since she usually shares the stage at the Night at the Cliffs shows. 

On instruments, Rommie is almost decent with a harpsichord and is usually seen performing with her obnoxiously over-complicated nine-string lute.

Thanks for the show of interest, guys!

I've been reaching out to the interested parties with some more information. If anyone knows someone who might have fun with this, let me know, and I can reach out to them in game too.

That goes for the agent/manager position too. I would REALLY love to find someone who is good at this sort of thing.

Damn... I might be too late for this thread... I have a character just like yours. She's primarily a dancer but wishes to become a performer and artist. She's a vocalist who's also learning piano. If you're still looking for people that'd be awesome.

*Bump* Thanks for adding me on to this awesome RP Iteza! Just letting you all know that we are looking for one or two more female characters of any race who might be interested in being an Eorzean pop diva! <3 We are also looking for an agent who could be absolutely anyone. Message Iteza or myself if you're interested.

We have all four members now! Yay!

We are still looking for a group agent/PR manager. We are looking for someone who enjoys coordinating events, getting involved with the community, coming up with new and exciting interactive ideas and marketing for the group. They may not be on stage with the girls, but they will play a very center and critical role in this team. 

Even if you're newer to the community and think this kind of role would be something your character would icly be interested in, please reach out!