General Discord?

I've heard of a couple, but I poked my nose into them and there wasn't really anybody sending any messages over the course of a couple days (not even in response to a general greeting I made) even though they showed online.

The problem with a large-group chat like that people end up getting bothered by the notifications and so they turn them off, and then kinda forget to ever go use the chat again. :(

My FC's Discord server has a public channel for whoever to chat in, if you want to join that. The link's on our FC listing here on the RPC site.

There's been a general Balmung server discord before, but I don't recall people saying it was very active.

RPC does have OOC chat enabled on the site though. You just have to open a room. (People are often just in the first one).

There're also a few large skype groups, but I can't really comment on their activity because I'm not part of them.

There's been a general Balmung server discord before, but I don't recall people saying it was very active.

RPC does have OOC chat enabled on the site though. You just have to open a room. (People are often just in the first one).

There're also a few large skype groups, but I can't really comment on their activity because I'm not part of them.

Thanks. How do I open the chat for the website?

If the chat loaded properly, there should be a bar at the bottom of the screen (or just a tab if you're accessing it by phone) that includes "Chat (0)" (or another number in place of zero if you have someone on your Friends List in the chat already!). On a phone, you just click that tab and you'll get brought to the chat room list. Otherwise, you want to click on the little word bubble icon to hop into the room list as well. Pick that first chat room open (usually the only one with people in it), and bam! Chat room!

It's a feature a lot of folks seem to miss, as the first comment by most people who find the chat on their own is "I didn't even know this was here!" So, I'm always in favor of bringing more attention to the fact it exists.