Streaming FFXIV Help

So, for the past week, I have tried streaming FFXIV with Open Broadcaster Software to next to no avail. I cannot get footage of this game.

Game Capture and Window Capture both capture absolutely nothing, and Monitor Capture seemed to work for a couple of streams (with admittedly laggy results), but now, for some reason, does not.

I don't know what I should be doing. Please, somebody help me out, here.

My educated guess, your PC can't handle streaming at the settings you have. You're probably trying to crank quality too high for what your PC can handle. Also, unless you have partnership, Twitch doesn't allow you to run decent quality anyhow. It is silly.

Anyhow, just google a few guides, and people will tell what you can run with what settings.

I'd suggest checking your OBS settings.

Chances are, it's not picking up the game rendering properly. ...which can happen often enough if you have dual monitors.

You'll also want to check your encoder settings to make sure you aren't sending twitch (or any other streaming site) a video that's too high-quality to be real-time with your upload bandwidth.

I'd suggest checking your OBS settings.

Chances are, it's not picking up the game rendering properly. ...which can happen often enough if you have dual monitors.

You'll also want to check your encoder settings to make sure you aren't sending  twitch (or any other streaming site) a video that's too high-quality to be real-time with your upload bandwidth.

I am gonna be real with you.

I have absolutely no idea what constitutes too high quality.

My max bitrate is 2200. I'm using twitch.

I have tried everything the guides tell me to do. I have decreased bitrate, I have increased bitrate. I have turned off aero, I have decreased resolution to 1280x720 at 30 FPS.

All of it amounts to either tremendously laggy capture, or a frozen video with little to no audio.

I'm at the point of just giving up.

Honestly at the potato settings non-partner Twitch will allow you to stream, great graphical quality you don't need for the PC. I'd dare say increasing the bitrate will only make the stream unwatchable for most because they'll need more bandwidth than necessary to watch.

but all i know is streaming an old ass arcade game so your mileage may vary.

720p even at 30fps is probably way too much data for your upload speeds.

You need to decrease your resolution and bitrate until you can get something acceptably smooth out.

It's a bit like a rolling boil or a careful simmer. You have to keep adjusting until things are -just right-.

I've been doing as you suggested, and what do you know, it actually worked. Now it's just a matter of seeing how far I can push it before experiencing technical difficulties.