Hello! Been RPing for a while but decided to come to the forum.

Hello! As the topic says, I've been on FFXIV and RPing for a little while now, but I've decided to jump into the forms in hopes of creating new connections.

I've a few different characters on Balmung but you'll see me online most often on my main, Ambaghai Iriq. He's a bit of a recluse, difficult to talk to and can come off as a grump. Needless to say he can be difficult to make friends with.

I guess my main question that I still don't know the answer to is where or what is a good way to make connections, and what is a good way to find RP outside of hovering around the QS?

Well you made the first step in posting here.

Your options are:

• Walkups - more miss than hit
  • LS - claim to be a place to go but again, actual RP is thin
  • Events - depending on the event a good way to get some, if you can talk to others
  • Bars - There be RP here but tends to not go any further
  • FC - If it is an RP active FC probably the best (try before you buy)

I would also think about your character and work out how they can be interactive and engaging. That does not mean you have to change the concept, just to RP they are going to have to engage in interaction in a way that grows it rather than kills it.

Feed interactions, don't suck the life from them.

Welcome to the RPC cupcake! Yeah Nebbs above pretty much hit the nail on the head there. Those mediums are how I interact and find people (I don't even go QS :o)

The Mischiefs Coven holds Tavern nights, nightly at plot 50 Ward 12 Lavender beds, its a great way to meet new people and get involved with new connections! ^^

Hey there and welcome aboard to the RPC! :thumbsup:

In addition to the options Nebbs listed, you can also create a Making Connections post here on the RPC as a means of making targeted connections. I've had a fair bit of luck doing this as well- and generally, you can find connections that'll mean something pretty significant for your character, too! It helps to tell people a bit more about your character (hooks, quirks, etc.) and what you're looking for (vigilantes, criminals, knowledge, wandering, etc.).

Best of luck on the hunt!