RPC Census, Part VI (Family--CLOSED)

Kylin

What living family members does your character have?  

155 members have voted

1. 1. What living family members does your character have?

• Grandmother
    • Grandfather
    • Mother
    • Father
    • Brother
    • Sister
    • Uncle
    • Aunt
    • Niece
    • Nephew
    • Cousin
    • Stepfather
    • Stepmother
    • Stepsister
    • Stepbrother
    • Wife
    • Husband
    • Daughter
    • Son
    • None

Anzil has a father out there somewhere probably, but given the events of his birth and his life thus far there would likely be no way for either to track each other down. Outside of that he has no known living relatives and is all alone in the world. :(

Claire, who is still my main character as of yet, has a living Grandmother she's unaware of. I debated on having her have siblings alive, well, and unknown, but changed my mind.

Myal's grandparents from her father's side are still alive. However, Myal never met any of them because her father is estranged. She should have numerous living aunts, uncles and cousins from this side, too, but I haven't thought that far.

Her father went missing following his company's bankruptcy when Myal was 11, though he should still be alive.

Her mother was in Mor Dhona during Dalamud's fall. Myal believes that she's dead.

Myal also has a brother much younger than her for which she holds irrational hatred, even though she's taking care of him.

I have a question, and I'm new to this site as of fifteen minutes ago, so I hope you'll forgive my ignorance here; but what about foster parents or oath siblings or things of that nature?

To put it into specifics, A'sili Abarskyf was born A'sili Tia to Seekers of the Sun who live in Limsa Lominsa (I read that there's a decent Sun Seeker population in that city, but I'm not a loremaster so correct me if I'm wrong), I'll spare you the details, but at age 13, his direct family died (war), so he took up work aboard a merchant ship the captain of which became like a foster father to him (taught him how to read, write, sail, use a sword, etc.) and while A'sili didn't take up the Roegadyn captain's surname, he still took up the nickname the captain gave him as his surname later in life.

I wanted to put something for family. Even though he's an orphan, he doesn't have the "EVERYONE I KNOW IS DEADDDD!" complex, and while it obviously effects him, it's not there for dramatic effect. It's more to explain how his journey started.

I'd say the captain simply is his father. Not his original father, but so what? If he contributed to raising him and there's a paternal bond that'll never go away no matter the distance between them, that's good enough.

^

Agreed.  It also doesn't say it has to be a blood relative so...

I'd say if he calls the captain his father, and would refer to his as such then he can mark father in the poll.

I'd say the captain simply is his father. Not his original father, but so what? If he contributed to raising him and there's a paternal bond that'll never go away no matter the distance between them, that's good enough.

^

Agreed.  It also doesn't say it has to be a blood relative so...

I'd say if he calls the captain his father, and would refer to his as such then he can mark father in the poll.

Fair enough. Father it is! Thanks everyone.