GOLD SAUCER THOUGH

With Stormblood coming up, I've been obsessively playing Triple Triad and chocobo racing like a man possessed.

Chaos is still the worst rule ever (since they at least got rid of Random), Lewena is still a bitch, and it's ironic how I finally getting the perfect (or semi-perfect, in my case) chocobo makes you never want to chocobo race ever again.

Anyone investing effort into getting that MGP?

Anyone investing effort into getting that MGP?

I do my Gold Saucer challenge log weekly and that's about it. Chocobo racing falls under that. I got my max rank chocobo a while back and the barding for it so really now I just race for that - put it in Open Race and just get a few relatively easy wins. Though now I've really been slowing down because I just haven't been on FF much lately.

Uh, the mgp manuals earned from the weekly 40+ GC Squadron runs also helps boost mgp gain doing those mini-games for the challenge log. It's more habit right now than "fun" for me. But trying to get that Garo gear for low level alts and secretly hoping for Gold Saucer blitzball eventually in 4.x has me pressing forward.

It's not as bad, it just requires a lot of chocobo racing, which can be frustrating when the chocobos in question handle like a rhinoceros in a shopping trolley that's missing one wheel.

It used to be way worse when it took six hours to breed one chocobo--now it only takes a half hour.

The main reason to get a good chocobo is the challenges; with the FC MGP buff applied, it's about ~500k in MGP.