Cin / Darlingist, Returning Player and Newbie MMO RPer

[align=center]Gosh_Uldah_Is_Pretty.png[/align]

[align=center]Hello! My name is Cin![/align]

[align=center]As of current (May 11th, 2017), I am in Balmung with one character up for RPing. [/align]

[align=center]I ask that if you're interested in RPing with me, please read my notes on IC romances before anything else.[/align]

[align=center]Said notes are in the About Myself spoiler below.[/align]

[align=center]But with that said, let's get some information down![/align]

[align=center]---[/align]

► ABOUT MYSELF

• Characters I Play: Ado Tado, X'vlohi Tia (incoming)

• Primary Character: Ado Tado

[align=center]

[/align]

► CONTACT

• I can be reached through the RPC forum (right here!) via PM or IM, or from Discord. I can give Discord contact information after we've talked for a little bit. I can also be contacted through /tells on Ado Tado; /tells, in general, are considered OoC for me. (Unless your character is right next to mine and is whispering to him - in that case, please use quotation marks or some indication that the /tell is IC ; _ ; )

• My timezone is EST, but I can stay up late in order to RP according to others' timezones when necessary!

• When it comes to response times In Character and Out of Character, I can be pretty slow. I'm not a fast typer, and I struggle to read sometimes; it takes me a couple of re-reads to understand what is happening most of the time. When it comes to Out of Character responses, I could take from an hour to a day to get back to somebody for a variety of reasons - but note that I never ignore a message sent my way, nor do I purposely ignore others! In-game, unless my status is set to "away," I respond a bit faster to /tells than anything else.

► DOS AND DON'TS

• I am comfortable with:

• All types of RPing styles - light, medium and heavy - and writing styles ranging from a third person perspective with long responses, to quick sentences and descriptions. I am getting used to RPing in an MMO setting, so woo hoo for that! \o/

• My characters getting into combat and getting injured.

Unless my character is given explicit permission to do something - such as letting them heal another character, or hurt them, or otherwise - I will always have them "attempt" to perform an action.

The same goes for the effectiveness of their actions; my character could cast Cure on another, but the effectiveness of their spell will be dependent upon the healed's decision or permission. I will never assume that the actions my characters take will guarantee to go as they planned unless /random dicerolling dictates otherwise.

I really want to:

• Find friends for Ado Tado and (when the time comes) X'vlohi Tia. Rivals and sworn enemies are great, too >:0

Please ask me about:

• Permanent injury.

• Long-term captivity.

• Healing Ado Tado through means that aren't through conjury*.

• Going steady with my characters. Please read my notes on In Character romance below.

• Killing my characters.

• ERP outside of the game... but even then, I will absolutely not condone anything Not Safe For Work around my characters unless it's relevant to them somehow - and that will be very rare. Don't come to me expecting anything steamier than a lukewarm batch of cinnamon rolls.

* Ado Tado can, and very likely will, react negatively and even aggressively if he is healed with medicine or potions. For the sake of preventing confusion OoC, I will PM/ /tell people who try to use such means on him beforehand - but in the event that people want to try and heal him anyhow, I've at least said my piece. I'm all for distressed characters  - not so much RPers.

I will not:

• Let In Character romances happen immediately. Please read my notes on In Character romance below.

• ERP in-game.

• Hurt, maim, or kill other characters without explicit permission beforehand.

• RP anything related to self-harm, explicit gore, or hangings - as these things make me uncomfortable to the point of becoming anxious and unable to function.

► IN TERMS OF...

• In-game activities vs. In Character activities; 

• I try to incorporate most in-game activities into my character's perspective; for example, if Ado Tado is gathering flowers for a botany quest, he's lightly researching local fauna in order to better understand the elements in character. If he isn't a conjurer and is another class for the sake of getting levels in-game, he's trying out a different weapon in order to better understand those he heals in character.There are some exceptions to this, however. As none of my characters are Warriors of Light, they will not have anything incorporated into them that reflect the MSQs or storyline beyond common rumors regarding the WoL's journey. In addition, certain activities - particularly alchemy and weaving for Ado Tado - will only be done for the sole sake of maxing out classes, as said activities would be Out of Character for them to do. I try to have him craft someplace private for those particular activities in order to prevent misunderstandings.Feel free to approach and comment upon any of my characters while they are doing something, as they would react accordingly :0 !

Plots;

• In short; heck yeah.In length; I will happily discuss long(er) termed RPs with others in private before enacting them. I will more than happily RP all sorts of plots - from campy adventure ones, to dramatic encounters, to even the cruel, sudden murder of one of my own characters.

In Character Romance (please read this!);

• I welcome IC romance as long as there is chemistry and a sizeable amount of interactions between the characters. I also believe that characters can have romantic feelings for each other without the need for said feelings to be reciprocated. I am more than fine with all matters of romantic RP, whether it is fluff, angst, drama or otherwise. No, really; I'm a sucker for romance.

• On that note; I will not advocate forced shipping - in other words, shipping that must happen just because a character is infatuated with another. I will also be greatly put-off by people who insist on shipping with a character in an uncomfortable manner, whether it is with my own or with somebody else's. In the event that two characters like the same character and drama arises from the matter Out of Character, I will refuse to contribute to the RP any further - especially if one of my characters are involved.

• In addition to this note: a character that is not prone to cheating will not cheat on their partner, no matter the circumstances. Trying to elicit drama between characters simply because certain characters have fallen for other characters on an Out of Character basis will be untolerated, and I will drop connections In Character and Out of Character should this arise.

• Sorry if all of this sounds strict - I've had issues with romantic relationships in the past, and I'd like to avoid them as best as possible over here! Especially since I'm a sucker for romance. Literally hit me up and talk to me about romance, even if it's not between my character and another's.

• Also, as a final note: I am taken and happily in a relationship myself. Please don't use IC romance as a gateway to dating me - this has happened in the past, too. It'll make everybody and their grandparents uncomfortable. At the end of the day, please don't do this. :'0

Non-Romantic RP (family ties, etc);

• I am all for friendships, familial ties, rivalries, sworn enemy relations, and otherwise! In the event that one would like to have a familial tie with one of my characters, I am only a PM or Tell away from discussing the matter. I am also a huge, huge sucker for found families. If you are too, feel free to scroll down and get to know Ado Tado.

Lore;

• I am still playing through FFXIV and learning about the world's lore myself; I have reached Titan and left the game for a year before returning to it now. I am welcome to learning about the lore as I RP, and I welcome spoilers on the grounds that I get to learn more about FFXIV's lore.

Chat functions (/say, /linkshell, etc);

• I am new to FFXIV's chatting system, so these terms may not be long-term ones. But with that said:Whatever I do in /say, /em or /linkshell will be in-character. I reserve Tells or ((bracketed speech)) for Out of Character notes.

[align=left][align=center]

[/align]

[align=center]Ado_Header_3.png[/align]

[align=center]ADO TADO[/align]

[align=center]Ado Tado is a friendly Lawful Good Plainsfolk Lalafell, ex-Midlander Hyur, who is a nocturnal conjurer and adventurer that loves the night sky. He is searching for a place to belong, unbeknownst to himself, while he combats his anxieties and helps a friend of his with her goals. He is especially afraid of doctors, alchemists, medication and needle-like objects - particularly syringes.[/align]

[align=center]As of May 4th 2017, Ado Tado's page is nearly completed![/align]

[align=center]

[/align]

[align=center]-- The smallest placeholder for X'vlohi Tia --[/align]

[align=center]

[/align]

[align=center]That'll be it for now! I'll give this thread a friendly bump if any major updates occur.[/align]

[align=center]But besides that; I can't wait to RP with the rest of you![/align]

[/align]

I agree wholeheartedly with your views on romance; there's nothing worse than someone trying to force your character into a relationship with theirs (And why do they always want to ERP two minutes after meeting?). 

Also, I feel your pain. I'm waiting another couple of days before I can transfer to Balmung. I'm also a returning player, and though I haven't delved into the RP community very much yet, I'm excited to do so. 

I'd love to do some forum RP or something of the sort, if you'd like to PM me with any ideas- And information about my own character, Rhysa, since I haven't gotten around to making her a biography yet.

Well, when you both migrate over (Darlingist AND Rhysa, since there's a common thread here!), I wish you guys the best in finding some RP!

... And if you're ever in Ul'dah or Limsa and in need of a good IC armorsmith, my little dork Chachanji is a potential choice! :thumbsup:

Welcome Back! :D

Thank you so much! Happy to be here! > v < ) /

I agree wholeheartedly with your views on romance; there's nothing worse than someone trying to force your character into a relationship with theirs (And why do they always want to ERP two minutes after meeting?). 

Also, I feel your pain. I'm waiting another couple of days before I can transfer to Balmung. I'm also a returning player, and though I haven't delved into the RP community very much yet, I'm excited to do so. 

I'd love to do some forum RP or something of the sort, if you'd like to PM me with any ideas- And information about my own character, Rhysa, since I haven't gotten around to making her a biography yet.

Oh goodness; there really is nothing worse than having to go through something like that. (Nevermind ERP two minutes into getting to know each other - and it being very obvious that the only thing holding an RP up is the potential for ERP taking place?? It breaks my soul a little bit every time X _ X )

Oh man, though! We're on really similar boats as as far as being relatively new to the FFXIV RP community! Whenever you transfer to Balmung, we should totally RP together - and as far as forum RPing goes, I'll definitely send a PM your way. I'd love to learn more about Rhysa, too!

Well, when you both migrate over (Darlingist AND Rhysa, since there's a common thread here!), I wish you guys the best in finding some RP!

... And if you're ever in Ul'dah or Limsa and in need of a good IC armorsmith, my little dork Chachanji is a potential choice! :thumbsup:

Hello and thank you! I'd totally be down for meeting Chachanji once I've transferred over to Balmung >:0 I took a peak at Chachanji's wiki page the other day and goodness me! He sounds like such a fun character!

Oh goodness; there really is nothing worse than having to go through something like that. (Nevermind ERP two minutes into getting to know each other - and it being very obvious that the only thing holding an RP up is the potential for ERP taking place?? It breaks my soul a little bit every time X _ X )

Oh man, though! We're on really similar boats as as far as being relatively new to the FFXIV RP community! Whenever you transfer to Balmung, we should totally RP together - and as far as forum RPing goes, I'll definitely send a PM your way. I'd love to learn more about Rhysa, too!

I look forward to it! ^o^ 

I just finished the barebones to her character profile.

Man, the part about romance is so true - and I saw that a lot in my old text-RP days (and have to admit my friends and I were also responsible for some too planned ones, yuck, those pretty much sucked, as you can guess and I wouldn't do it again).

Don't know about ERP and such but I can say there are way too many people running around half naked and some FCs being a bit too much on the sex sells side. I like my characters to be decent, not only in clothing but also relationships. Like, Yitani would take some time until she would consider dating a person and even then there would be more development instead of "kaboof! You are together and do EVERYTHING now!".

Just my two cents.

Man, the part about romance is so true - and I saw that a lot in my old text-RP days (and have to admit my friends and I were also responsible for some too planned ones, yuck, those pretty much sucked, as you can guess and I wouldn't do it again).

Don't know about ERP and such but I can say there are way too many people running around half naked and some FCs being a bit too much on the sex sells side. I like my characters to be decent, not only in clothing but also relationships. Like, Yitani would take some time until she would consider dating a person and even then there would be more development instead of "kaboof! You are together and do EVERYTHING now!".

Just my two cents.

[align=center]X A X ) Aaaah, man - I've definitely been through my fair share of pretty awful romances, both planned and unplanned. That's particularly why I have such strict standards on IC romances ; _ ; I'd very much like to prevent any bad experiences with romance if I can help it.[/align]

[align=center]And even with a character who's in a romantic relationship, it's pretty disheartening to see them transform into a solely romantic figure instead of somebody a bit more well rounded; it's unrealistic to throw everything one had into a romantic relationship and the fluffier, tactile aspects of it. Life happens outside of cuddles and kisses folks! ; A ;[/align]

[align=center]So all in all, amen to the above. You go Yitani > A < ) 9 !![/align]

[align=center]With that said!! I've tried to update the main post with new and updated information, but the formatting got wrecked in the process. I apologize for the mess! I'll clean it up when I get the opportunity to.[/align]

[align=center]A quick overview on what's changed though;[/align]

• I am now in Balmung! Woo hoo!!

• I've clarified the ways I can be contacted, what I will and will not RP, and touched upon any nuanced information that wasn't clear before.

[align=center]Aaand with that said and done;[/align]

[align=center]I will be busy for the entirety of this week and next week. In fact, I will most likely be offline entirely May 15th and 16th (just in time for maintenance) and during the end of May. Exact dates will be written later on.[/align]

[align=center]Thank you guys for reading this, for showing interest, and for welcoming me and Ado Tado into the RPing community! /)\\\(\[/align]