Spunky Hyur gal looking for EU-timed events/FC!

Hello, Balmung!

So, I've been here on Balmung for... a bit over two months now, I'm starting to have a better understanding of the lore, and I'm still working on that. I've learned alot from RP'ing with people here and there, and I really enjoy my character.

The issue here, is that right now, I've only got access to the socalizing-type RP. Slice of life, or whatever you want to call it. And that's just not enough for me. To me, XIV has so much potential for adventuring, mercenary work, treasure hunting, and so much more. And I -want- a slice of that cake.

However, being from EU, my choices in FC and where I get my RP from is... extremely limited. So I'm writing here, in the hopes that someone on here knows of and FC or a group of people... or hell, maybe just a single DM from EU who wouldn't mind putting together a small group of people to become a band of adventurers with and go do adventurous stuff with once a week or something. Any help at all is appreciated!

To make things a bit easier for you, I'll write a little bit about my character. I obviously won't go too in-depth, because otherwise, where's the fun in getting to know her IC, right? But I -will- divulge any information about her, if someone feels like they need it to see the full picture :)

Character and personal stuff;

Maeve is a cheerful, spunky young Hyur midlander, with a positive outlook on life. It would take alot to take her down, and even then, she's got an easy time getting up again. She has an extremely easy time making friends and absolutely loves the idea of exploring, seeing and learning about new things. I say 'the idea of' because something is holding her back. She has no real reason to go out there, even if she really wants to, and she needs that extra little push to actually get going.

Her positive attitude translates very well into her chosen form of 'job', in which she prefers to punch and kick things, until they stop trying to kill her. She'll do almost any kind of job if you employ her (bar shady, 'evil' stuff), but she truly thrives when she's locked in mortal combat with someone or something else. She -loves- fighting and getting her limits tested, and especially breaking those limits. She lives to improve herself physically, but will not throw away the safety of others for her own personal gain, if she has a choice.

I, as a player, simply want some kind of events or RP during EU times. One on one socializing is good and all, but I can't life off of that. I -need- some kind of action, and (hopefully also) some type of plot. Doesn't have to be anything super involved, or extremely well thought out, and it doesn't even have to do with the combat, either.

I'm in GMT+1 (Copenhagen, Amsterdam, etc), and I'm online and active -very- often. I'm also extremely flexible with times I can play in, so even if you don't have an EU FC or group of people at hand, but instead a US one, who simply do their events much earlier than most others, that'll do me just fine as well!

And... I think that's about it. If you need anymore information, feel free to toss me a PM or a reply in here, and I'll get back to you ASAP! Thank you for reading :)

Welcome aboard! Feel free to check out the EU Directory. It has some links to guilds, linkshells and discords that serve as hubs in the EU community. We're timezone buddies! Feel free to hmu anytime. You can read more about Maril and my other characters on their wikies. I also have a tumblr right here. Maril is a medic and I sometimes do smaller things where she needs help getting to certain hard to reach plants, search and rescue style missions and such.

Maeve is a neat name, you don't see that one very often. It makes me think of the color mauve, which then makes me consider whether or not it'd be amusing if you had Maeve have a thing for the color mauve, in a play on words which also provides a character quirk. There could be NPCs in her background who routinely misremember her name as being "Mauve", and she has to sigh and correct them every time. Well, whether you like the idea or not, hopefully you'll find the RP you're looking for! :)

Thank you for the posts so far!

@Maril Awh, sweet, thank you! I'll be sure to check out the linkshells and FCs listed here. And I'd definitely be up for having Mae give Maril a hand with her plant-collecting. Mae doesn't really mind what the work is, as long as she's helping!

@Lydia Hah, thanks. I've never used or heard her name before, so I figured it'd be fun to try. I do put a little thought into names, as far as 'Can they be given a nickname based on it' goes. It's definitely a thing that could happen, should some kind of plot/event type thing get going.

@Ellmida I'd love to! Keep in mind that -I'm- by no means a GM, so I couldn't really offer any kind of big storylines on my own :P But I'd be happy to have them meet up and chat, or if you're willing to try and DM some kind of mini-adventure, they could meet via that! Hit me up in game sometime!

Please, keep tossing suggestions and directions in here, I super appreciate it!

Completely new to the RP scene in FFXIV myself. Only really had experience in WoW.

So if you'd not mind perhaps my character could meet up with yours.

I do have some minor DM experience but sadly it would not hold together in FFXIV this far since well, lore.

But if you're still up for a meeting just tell me!