The Blood Stone

Hello people of Mateus! You heard of the Grindstone by now if you're looking at these forums, and now a Grindstone event is coming to you! That's right, The Blood Shore is a Grindstone Event!

What is it? It's a combative tournament held twice a month, on the first and third Friday, where fighters are pitted against one another until only one reigns supreme! The Location for The Blood Shore will be near Seasong Grotto in Middle La Noscea at x21, Y19.

All information can be found on the Official Blood Shore Tumblr Page. My partner and I look forward to seeing you there!

Edited by Nodem
Title change

From an in universe viewpoint, I would think that the name of the event would cause great confusion with the name of the actual region known as Bloodshore in Eastern La Noscea. That and one might consider the disrespect for the dead given the fact that Seasong Grotto is filled with undead mobs (bogies) and is a memorial to sailors lost at sea.

I kind of agree, there's actually a place called the bloodshore in eastern la noscea, why not call it "The Bloodsands"? Just a bit of constructive critism, that's all. I hope it goes well for you folks over there!

There's also a place called the Bloodsands! It's the name of the Coliseum in Ul'dah.

I kind of agree, there's actually a place called the bloodshore in eastern la noscea, why not call it "The Bloodsands"? Just a bit of constructive critism, that's all. I hope it goes well for you folks over there!

There's also a place called the Bloodsands! It's the name of the Coliseum in Ul'dah.

Well shit. Hrm, OH! "The Whetstone"! Puns save the day.

Why are we called The Blood Shore? Well, a panel of experts were given a list of names, and decided The Blood Shore sounded best. Also, we at the Blood Shore has a small sense of humor in that any location we choose to host the event at will be near a Shoreline, beach, or water front. Thus, we're painting the Shorelines Red with Blood. Merlwyb approved of the name as well as it will rival Ul'dah's Blood Sands.

Also as an OOC note: We are a Grindstone event but didn't use the name "Grindstone" as to not cause confusion between servers. We do realize that our event name is the same name as a location, however if I told you I live on Main streets, you'd be left wondering which one as well wouldn't you?

Our sense of humor ultimately won us over, so we're going to paint Shores red with Blood. The Blood Shore will go on!

Here's hoping Real Life will be sufficiently tamed enough by then for me to attend.  Looking forward to it, guys!  o/

We're looking forward to it as well, and to seeing everybody that comes! First Blood will be drawn tonight at 9pm (Eastern), in Middle La Loscea (x21, y19)!

IBkpPoi.png

We had four fighters enter the fray this evening for the First ever Blood Shore! Between them and the spectators we had at least twenty some odd people there. Thanks for turning out, and supporting us Mateus! Before anybody counts the people in the image above, that wasn't everybody, so I'll get better, and more, pictures next time. Without further ado, the winner of the first Blood Shore, a Grindstone event is:

Hashim'sae Obataiya

eELNvlV.png

The next tournament will be on July 7th, at 9 Eastern! That's right! Lucky sevens for the next event! Next month is also when we go into our normal programing schedule of the First and Third Friday of every month!

Thanks to all that showed up once again, and hope to see you at the next one!

• 1 month later...

Tonight at the second Blood Shore, a Grindstone event, we had eight people enter the fray to fight. We had just as many or more people watching the contestants as they duked it out.

sjqJvbP.png

un2xkAg.png

But at the end of the night, only one person may come out on top. Tonight’s winner is:

Maral Mol

mSNMEYD.png

Congrats Maral, and enjoy your satchel of gil.

The next Blood Shore will be held on the 21st of July, so we look forward to seeing you there! Once again, thank you to all in attendance, fighters and spectators alike.

• 2 weeks later...

4iWmTOO.png

Look at all those people... So what happened tonight? We had 12 people enter the fray to fight this evening, and one was a lucky drunk that got Nodem's shirt since the drunk was shirtless the entire evening. We had a lot of returning fighters, and a few new ones, but ultimately it came down to the final match against former Champion Maral Mol and new comer Ustgagch Dotharl. Only one could come out as champion this evening though. Tonight's champion is:

Ustgagch Dotharl!

fbC4Bbv.png

Enjoy the satchels of gil Ustgagch, you've earned them.

The next Blood Shore shall take place on August 4th!

• 2 weeks later...

78ipg2J.png

Twelve people entered the fray of battle once again this evening, in hopes of being crowned the champion! As with every Blood Shore though, only one can take home the title! Tonight’s champion is:

Zaheer Battuta

0l7qAnI.png

Congrats Zaheer Battuta on achieving the title of champion, and taking home a satchel of gil. Hope you enjoy all the alcohol you can buy with it.

The next Blood Shore will be held on 8/18/2017! Same Time, Same place! We look forward to seeing you all there!

• 2 weeks later...

Ten people marched into the Blood Shores tonight, as did five kids whom were sent to the side lines to watch, but only one can truly be crowned victor.

DVYZxQf.png

Tonight's victor is:

[align=center]

John Gallaf

T5UqlEq.png

[/align]

Congrats once again, John on your victory!

The next Blood Shore will be held on 9/1/2017! Same Time, Same place! We look forward to seeing you all there!

• 2 weeks later...

Tonight’s Blood Shore hosted 14 fighters~! Look at all these people:

cp1j0L1.png

As with every Blood Shore though, only one can come out victorious at the end of the night. Tonight’s champion is:

E'zayi Tia

uwpGVxR.png

Congrats once again E'zayi Tia!

THE NEXT BLOOD SHORE WILL BE HELD ON 9/15/2017! We look forward to seeing you there!

• 2 weeks later...

Tonight was a wild one. We had 23 fighters show up tonight for a chance to earn the title of champion. Our largest crowd yet!

g19oemy.png

Look at all those eager to join in the spirit of fighting. Tonight Seiki also returned and we split the field of fighters in half for the first time.

At the end of the night, there can be, only one!... champion. Tonight’s champion is:

Ufuchi Orochi

kDPqx3V.png

Congrats on your victory Ufuchi Orochi!

THE NEXT BLOOD SHORE SHALL TAKE PLACE ON 10/6!

• 3 weeks later...

Tonight, something a bit different happened. 12 adults and 4 kids all entered The Blood Shore, a Grindstone event, in hopes of becoming a champion.

YXAMNSt.png

Now before you think us gruesome for pitting kids against adults, we did no such thing. Tonight was the first night of a Junior Bracket of fighters! Don’t worry, no kids were seriously harmed and they used Practice weapons, provided by the staff.

Tonight’s Adult champion harvested her way to the top with her scythe.

Nymadawa Saghal

NJkHIth.png

and our first ever Junior Champion is:

Aegirbataar Dotharl

62taD6M.png

Congrats to the pair of you once again on your victories!

THE NEXT BLOOD SHORE SHALL TAKE PLACE ON 10/20!

• 2 weeks later...

Tonight was a crazy one. We had 28 1/2 fighters show up tonight for a chance to earn the title of champion. The largest recorded gathering now!

cbbOnbu.png

Uk3pd6F.png

We managed to pull through somehow though with two healers and myself at the start. I really love you two!

At the end of the night , there can be, only one champion! Tonight’s champion is:

ZAHEER BATTUTA

0lBG5dB.png

The next Blood Shore will take place on November 3rd! (11/3)

As an added note, if you wish to help The Blood Shore out, we could use the help as we currently lack people to assist in Overseeing the matches! If you wish to help out, contact me.

• 2 weeks later...

Tonight saw 13 adults, and 4 kids, line up for a chance to be crown champion of The Blood Shore! That’s right, it was the return of the juniors tonight, and they provided a showing that could not be believed. Our adults provided an extra special showing tonight as well, coming from all corners of Eorzea.

LibhoID.png

At the end of the night though, there can be, only two champions. Tonight’s Adult champion is:

Koh'li Nbolo

PgZwHkB.png

and repping the Juniors as tonight’s champion was:

Zi'batu Buduga

uVgL6Xu.png

CONGRATS YOU TWO ON YOUR WELL EARNED VICTORIES! GO YOURSELVES SOMETHING HEARTY TO EAT!

The next Blood Shore will take place on November 17th! (11/17)

As an added oddity from our tenth Blood Shore... A strange visage graced us...

z0Y60Hm.png

It couldn't be, truly...

Moi1hNu.png

qu1xC0a.png

Seems we were correct, a judge imposter graced us this evening.

mCP1Bgz.png

I should say a Judge imitator as their words were as follows: "Could you send screenshots to THE judge and tell him Lyng misses him?"

Seems judge has fans even here on Mateus.