Orlog's butts, butts, butts, and sometimes art thread.

I'd like to note that I barely did any FFXIV art for my character, because I HATED Bea as a Miqote. But, with the option for a race I actually enjoy for her, I expect that I'll be diving into it head first.

Anyway, I've been drawing as long as I can remember, blah blah blah, went to art school for 3 and a half years, blah blah blah, now I'm kind of a freelance artist for hire. I'd say out of everything that I draw, I absolutely adore doing character designs and line art.

And with that, here's the art!

[spoil]cmbbXlI.jpg[/spoil]

[spoil]Vj6zpEm.jpg[/spoil]

[spoil]QgkOKP6.jpg[/spoil]

[spoil]vmTBI4O.jpg[/spoil]

[spoil]aBfpEPs.jpg[/spoil]

[spoil]Re0x6de.jpg[/spoil]

--

Everything else is scattered throughout the thread. I'm way too lazy to keep updating this post. I'm trying to keep it largely FFXIV related, but I might have a few that wander off topic.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks, guys! :D

and last one looks like she's stepped out of The Secret World. :)

You'd actually be correct! That'd be Maris, my Secret World Templar.

Holy hell, this piece is giving me such a headache. It started out by a super inspired piece because of a certain song, but it's since tapered off when I reached having to work with the colors. But, I will get this damn thing finished!

Inspirational music:

KDxQgSl.jpg

I'm trying to get back in to the groove of drawing more regularly (as in... not go months without drawing) so, I doodled this up. I got my hair all chopped off a couple of days ago and I absolutely love it. :D

Noodle arms, 'cause I love Adventure Time, and lots of practice in trying to be more relaxed with color placement and what have you.

VJ1fmzH.jpg

I spent most of the evening working on the background only to come to the conclusion that it just took away from the power of the character itself. ANYWAY, I finally drew Bea... kind of. I still don't have a defined image of how she'll look, but just a general idea so far.

Hullo, Roegadyn. ILU.

3FNIpzR.jpg

Edit: I dunno, I was just told that the one with the background looks better? Fff, I dunno. I guess I'll let you guys decide.

q2qlLL0.jpg

I love the simplicity and minimalism of the first one. I also love the second one, but I agree with you in that it detracts from the character (if ever so slightly).

The first one reminds me of all the various Final Fantasy title images done by Yoshitaka Amano due to the color gradients, I think it's pretty cool :thumbsup:

Keep up the amazing work! I'm really enjoying seeing everything you post up.

• 2 weeks later...

Just a quick update here! Starting tomorrow I'm going to be largely MIA because I'm going on a trip for 10 weeks! Unfortunately this means no digital art or much posting at all from me. But, it's totally worth the trade off. ;)

So yeah, see you guys when I get back!

Ten whole weeks! You won't be back until just after launch. D:

Have a great time, wherever you'll be!

Yeeeah. I was happy to find out the launch wasn't too far off from when I'd be returning, so I won't miss TOO much. It's definitely some encouragement to get my ass back to my computer. :P But, thank you!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Finally got my hands on a mobile tablet for artsin'! It's a far cry from actually having my cintiq around, but I'll take actually being able to do some art, any art any day. On a side note, I'm still trying to figure out how to convert my pngs to jpegs, so all I have are screen shots at the moment.

Have some Bea!

UzF12d4.jpg