Job Action thoughts?

A new, but short, video has been released on Job Actions! As per usual, they've left the information completely free of any explanations. So... what do you guys think about 'em?

Are these the regular abilities for the jobs? I can't help but notice how much more bigger and flashy everything is, so I just assumed that said abilities were something extra fancy. Ohh, the possibilities.

...Either way, Bard used her harp. BARD USED HER HARP.

My thoughts: Wow. xD

I think the only ones that looked a bit weird to me were Paladin (seemed to move too quick/abrupt? I duno) and Monk (seemed to just disappear behind their sparklies). Could certainly get used to them!

But.. awesome. So awesome.

Pacing of the sword and lance skills are pretty accurate, which was surprising. I was expecting to see crazy, unrealistic flurries of attacks that make bullets look like they were standing still.

Comparatively, Monk animations are really, REALLY slow - only a little faster then the axe and lance animations. This is counter-intuitive since heavy weapons should theoretically have much slower follow-up strikes due to inertia.

And magic is... well... magic. 

Meh, it's all phinal phantasy, anyway. Screw physics.

Some very nice animations in there, and an emphasis on things that look neat without adding piles of particle effects on. I especially liked how both Paladin and Dragoon have at least one action that involves turning and stabbing the target, and there's a real sense of gravity behind each motion.

I am reminded of how desperately I want Ninja and Musketeer now, but I have faith. (Patience, not so much.)

My thoughts: Wow. xD

I think the only ones that looked a bit weird to me were Paladin (seemed to move too quick/abrupt? I duno) and Monk (seemed to just disappear behind their sparklies). Could certainly get used to them!

But.. awesome. So awesome.

I agree on Aysun's analyzation of the Paladin's animation. It seems like the Paladin studders a bit compared to the smoothness of the Warrior and especially, the Monk. Worries me a bit since I'm shooting for that Job.

Other then that, astonishing animations.

Scholar is supposed to be shown at E3 as a job. So looking forward to seeing it. What does a scholar do by the way?

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/62075-Letter-from-the-Producer-LIVE-Part-VII-Q-A-Updates

He....

READS.

*playfully rolls his eyes and ignores the comment*

What does the scholar do as a FF job?

And I think Dragoon looked damn damn good. I liked Paladin too. Really wish there was a fast dps dual sword class though.

Yeeeah! I was re-watching it today and I just noticed how much BLM moves around when casting compared to the WHM. Pretty cool! That being said, I'm pretty happy with the glow of the staff when the WHM casts, but the animations are nothing special.

Now if only we could get a little sneak peak of Scholar and Summoner animations...

Yeeeah! I was re-watching it today and I just noticed how much BLM moves around when casting compared to the WHM. Pretty cool! That being said, I'm pretty happy with the glow of the staff when the WHM casts, but the animations are nothing special.

Now if only we could get a little sneak peak of Scholar and Summoner animations...

The animations they added to WHM were a huge deal for me! Considering how we used to basically just stand there and move one arm it's awesome to see them whipping the staff around with the wind blowing the robes and stuff.~ :)

The animations they added to WHM were a huge deal for me! Considering how we used to basically just stand there and move one arm it's awesome to see them whipping the staff around with the wind blowing the robes and stuff.~ :)

I suppose so! Perhaps it was a little over looked on my end because of how tiny that WHM is. I'll have to watch it again in HD to get the full effect. :P

If the camera panned a little bit more, you would of seen the giant fan. :cactuar: