Adventurer, Arcanist, Scholar, Swordsman, looking for Connections (and FC)

Returning player here. I'm really excited to make new friends and hopefully dive back into the game.

For a brief summary of my character:

Xavieraux Reinardes is a Duskwight Elezen noble from a minor Ishgardian house, who has been traveling to meet new people, discover new monsters, and research magical secrets, and maybe help out a little a long the way.

He's snarky, just, analytical and jovial, but with a small sadistic streak and a good sense of schadenfreude. He loves to help those who need aid, and to punish and toy with the unjust. Chaotic Good if we had to simplify his alignment. He's always eager to unravel a mystery and discover something new.

His fighting style is a mixture of sword and arcane magic to exploit the weaknesses of any monster or opponent, no fighting style or tactic is too dirty or cheap.

Also I'm looking for a Free Company:

I'm looking for one that is Medium to Large in size, but the important part is mainly that they are very active. I prefer Medium-Heavy roleplay. Also if the FC regularly does any raiding or trial type content, that would be welcomed.

I try to regularly play weeknights and weekends, EST.

Game-role wise, I tank and I tank and I never stop tank.

Feel free to add me in game and /tell for RP or if you just want to be friends.

Also feel free to ask me any questions below if you want to know more about me or Xav.

EDIT: Feel free to pm me on here now if you want to, I just found out I had private messages disabled, whoops!

Welcome back to the RP world!

Though we're not exactly a good-aligned company, I can invite you to look into The Obsidian Court. Xavieraux sounds like he might be able to fit in fairly well - One of the core values of the Court is to depose and punish the worst kinds of villains there are, and there are some occult themes when it comes to forbidden magic/the Void. We've also some IC ties to Ishgard in regards to characters who live or come from there, just in case you'd like to establish some connections there. Size-wise, we're still on the smaller side, but growing, and we've got some folks who like to run content regularly.

If that's not your cup of tea, I would still be down for RP any time. Send me a tell in game (as Ahzra'li Lhomi) any time you like. :lol: And welcome back again!

Our guild just reopened our doors for recruitment, in case that's something you'd be interested in!

We can't promise RP every single night, but we do promise it every single week. Feel free to check out our guild's Event Calendar to see if the timing of our events matches with your schedule.

We also offer several other RP Amenities, such as mercenary-style "job bulletin" posts that anyone can pen their name to. Once the job has the minimum number of participants required, the poster reaches out to the group to find a time that would work with everyone's schedule.

The concept of the guild is that the denizens are bound together by a supernatural fate, so everyone has a built-in reason to interact with each other. Their front is a Host Club, because a bunch of people routinely gathering for no reason is pretty suspicious.

Feel free to poke around our site to learn more. Our OoC culture strives to be more lore-abiding than lore-creative, though I think we're a generally friendly and laid back group.

Our size is somewhere between medium and small right now, since our doors have been closed to new members for the last few months. We have about 30-40 people in the LS, and about 1/4 of them are in the FC (since we're cool with people being in other FCs, if they choose.)

Anyway, just putting that out there! No hard feelings if we're not what you're looking for. ^^v

I currently lead a small-ish (approx. 15 active members; +/-5 depending on the time of year), plot-focused, neutral-good aligned FC. They've made themselves responsible for hunting voidsent and neutralising high-threat, magical anomalies.

Sometimes they do consulting and research on said aetheric-based threats (one of our members tl;dr'd us as 'SHIELD crossed with the Witchers, but in Eorzea').

As of the start of Stormblood, they (the Ironclaws) have been integrated into the Alliance Military, and report to a council of representatives from the four city-states.

Lore-wise, we like to adhere to it, but are very open to taking liberties that make thematic or logical sense.

Currently, our FC is doing a plot related to the war in Ala Mhigo and the events of Stormblood, with plans to head to Othard, in case you wish to have your character go there. We don't go out of our way to involve people in our plots (as in, we just post announcements + times, and won't go out of our way to bug you to come along), and expect our members to keep up independently (if you're lost re: story details, ask!) and explore the setpieces our GMs write up.

FC-plots and storylines are organised into Seasons, each centered around specific themes/ideas that will last several months. We are currently on our 3rd Season, which centers around some political aspects + big bad voidsent juju. If you're a Final Fantasy fanatic, you'll probably enjoy the level of detail and care we put in to try and make our stories as Final Fantasy as possible c:

Every Season is capstoned by epic finales that take into account every choice made during the Season's events. As they're generally larger in scope than our normal in-game events, we tend to host them on Roll20 (click for a screenshot of our Season 1 finale!, and here for the climax of our Season 2 finale!)

Our members are a fun-loving bunch that likes to hang out out of game as much as in-game. We aren't 100% super serious RP all the time, and enjoy having silly 'filler' moments in our RP to round out the edges of plot-focused RP.

We have a pretty active (but small) community at the late hours, and while our peak activity is generally around 8-10PM EST, we usually hit 11PM-3AM EST pretty easily.

We used to have an application system, but we found it a bit limiting and intimidating to new members, so now we just do a 'guest system'.

If you'd like to join, we cordially invite you to tag along for an event or two of ours (we can discuss potential ins/hooks for your character), so you can get a feel for our FC's atmosphere and our member's diverse writing styles.

If you give us a good impression, and us, you, we'll probably invite you to join us!

Word of warning, however -- the FC is slightly 'paramilitary themed'. There is a chain of command, and while the in-character atmosphere is much more (much much more) lenient and open to loose cannons than a real-life paramilitary organisation, we understand that not everyone wants to RP a character tied down by obligations/responsibilities. Therefore, we'd also understand if we're not the FC for you, if this is the case.

It's not all discipline and raramilitary, though! Our cast is diverse and we are actually fairly light-hearted.

Also, despite our small-ish size, we do have fairly good relations with a couple of FCs, and are frequently in touch with them! (plus, we got 2 WYNG members ok?????)

So, look forward to hearing back from you!

(Should you have any questions, please ask me or our OOC-relations & Recruitment Officer, Iteza!)

P.S. We have a sense of humour.

• 2 months later...

More actively playing again after dealing with some personal stuff IRL, so bumping in case anyone wants to get together and RP.

Welcome back to the dark side! If you ever want to Rp with a mute Keeper, look me up! Seye seems to have become quite interesting to most people just because she tries to use charades to get people to understand what she wants to say. Discord info is on her wiki if you want to ever contact me there!

Interesting! That would definitely be fun.

More actively playing again after dealing with some personal stuff IRL, so bumping in case anyone wants to get together and RP.

Welcome back to the dark side! If you ever want to Rp with a mute Keeper, look me up! Seye seems to have become quite interesting to most people just because she tries to use charades to get people to understand what she wants to say. Discord info is on her wiki if you want to ever contact me there!