How to get a good ending on Doki Doki Literature Club

Hey guys! I just wanted to put out a step by step guide on how to get a good ending in Doki Doki Literature Club. Here's how you do it!

1. Go to the main menu. 

2. The next step is vitally important, are you ready? Press the Quit button at the menu. 

3. After you quit the game, find something else to do. 

And that's how you get a good ending in Doki Doki Literature club! Seriously... don't play it. It's pure life wrecking nightmare fuel.

Alternative feel-good visual novels include Saya no Uta, Swan Song, and Kimi to Kanojo.

Are they psychological horrors too or are they genuinely good visual novels? lol

I think both.

Saya no Uta is really good, and can be finished in a day. Buuuuuut if you're repulsed by guro, it may not be for you. I haven't played the other two.

I think both.

Saya no Uta is really good, and can be finished in a day. Buuuuuut if you're repulsed by guro, it may not be for you. I haven't played the other two.

Guro and outright pedophilic content. Mustn't forget that.

Swan Song is a depressing game about the survivors of an earthquake in a Japanese city and their descent into barbarism. Kimi to Kanojo, well:

It's fundamentally the blueprint for DDLC from several years back: Plays like a standard romance eroge until you actually succeed at getting onto a route other than your childhood friend's, at which point she reveals she is in love with you, the player, and is so outraged by the betrayal that she rewrites the game to trap you with her. You can save yourself some time by finding a youtube video of the big reveal.

Most of the really good visual novels become mindscrews, eroge, or outright horror at some point. I'd suggest Ever 17 and Remember 11 if you want to try something without extreme horror or smut, and The Letter if you want a game that is openly a ghost story.

It's fundamentally the blueprint for DDLC from several years back: Plays like a standard romance eroge until you actually succeed at getting onto a route other than your childhood friend's, at which point she reveals she is in love with you, the player, and is so outraged by the betrayal that she rewrites the game to trap you with her. You can save yourself some time by finding a youtube video of the big reveal.

spoiler alert: miyuki did literally nothing wrong.

that being said i've long since stopped "playing" 2deep4me vns and have gone full moebuta. yu-no is a good vn, go play yu-no. or go play kara no shoujo if you want to feelings.

Go read/play Little Busters!

Ever17 is also a very good recommendation and my only issue with it is that it is DAMN EXPENSIVE to purchase legally in the US cause it is out of print.

Hatoful Boyfriend doesn't break that wall DDLC and others do but the whole "oh it's cute BUT THENN!!!!!" thing is pretty much there too. Also birds.

There'd be other recs but they're not actually safe for most people and are more for vn community anyway xD;

Go read/play Little Busters!

Ever17 is also a very good recommendation and my only issue with it is that it is DAMN EXPENSIVE to purchase legally in the US cause it is out of print.

Hatoful Boyfriend doesn't break that wall DDLC and others do but the whole "oh it's cute BUT THENN!!!!!" thing is pretty much there too. Also birds.

There'd be other recs but they're not actually safe for most people and are more for vn community anyway xD;

I played Hatoful Boyfriend. I should play through it again, it's pretty hilarious when all of your potential mates are pigeons.

If you do end up enjoying Ever17, try and get through all of Zero Escape (999, Virtue's Last Reward and Zero Time Dilemma). Some of those are more 'game' than visual novel but as a whole, they feel like a spiritual broadening of Ever17.