Show off your characters!

Eva

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I present you K'airos the Bootleg Blade! Not a Brass Blade, mind you, a Bootleg Blade.

vD0MSdt.jpg

Here's a crappy comparison shot between her and a real Brass Blade NPC.

FPNEm1M.jpg

As you can see, the hat is the wrong color. Sadly, that part is undyeable. Was it too hard to give us various dyeing channels, Squee, even though it´s obvious you have and use them? :P

The other two harder differences to see: the scimitar is not the same nor is the shield. The scimitar can be acquired (I think), but it's quite expensive. The shield can also be acquired...but only for Thaumaturges and Black Mages.

So yeah, a Bootleg Blade!

Favor_zps18ddb93a.png~original

I hope this doesn't turn out freaking HUGE. I'll have to tinker around with it if it does. Anyway, I LOVE how this shot came out for Tobias. Was doing some 'modeling' to get my new Avatar for the Forums so I was taking caps like crazy. It is funny how much of a psuedo-photographer you can feel like when you are trying to get JUST the right angle. JUST the right lighting. Even the stance/posture of your character. Though, instead of a camera, it is the graphics card that helps with the final product (though the camera is significantly less important in comparison to the actual photographer's skill).

Everything just came out beautifully where I didn't need to do any touch-ups (which is a blessing since I have NO clue how to use Photoshop or edit photos save for basic cropping xD). The lighting accentuates the sharper features like his cheekbones but also how his eyes are just a few perfect shades lighter than his pupils that I always try to describe while in RP. Even his expression is spot on to his character. His left brow looks like it is rising just a TEENY bit without me having to do any 'Emote' commands.

Hah, sorry about gushing over my own character :P I just NEVER did screen shots before since my graphics card wasn't always to par of the game's standard, so I never truly appreciated some of the finer details until now.

Might as well jump on the bandwagon! :moogle: Here's my main, Edgar (Von) Gandervalt. I know, not a very Miqo'te sounding name, but his backstory kinda explains it a little...

F4B71ADD80F8EFC39DD6201D5F4FCEAA4CA05F6A

It cost me 1600 gil for those glasses. It was worth it.

1708AAC5CE13294EBE1D1ADD415AF0FD1FDDC782

That is a big-ass Tome, now that I look at it...

595306DFB053BE9035390B2E3FFD2B9791E7A30F

Obligatory shirtless pic. :blush:

Tell me what you guys think!