Misericorde

Shuck

I wanna join to hang out with Castus.

No one wants to hang out with Castus. You are clearly a liar and possibly a Tonberry in disguise. Waiting for the right opportunity to snatch my friggin kidneys with that damn kitchen knife.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wanna join to hang out with Castus.

No one wants to hang out with Castus. You are clearly a liar and possibly a Tonberry in disguise. Waiting for the right opportunity to snatch my friggin kidneys with that damn kitchen knife.

Nonsense~ Just checking in on my favorite alcoholic ruffian. How's your nipple?

ixIJ7.jpg

(conversation included on Mtoto's request : P)

• 1 month later...

Just a small update here: due to the large amount of interest we've been having at the moment, we've quickly reached our first cap of people and will be closing down recruitment for a little bit until people get settled. I'll be sure to post again when things are open again.

But, note that this is just for the Free Company. The Linkshell is still open for RP purposes.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

So are you guys coming back as War Crimes Misericorde or Ghostbusters Misericorde?

The latter never really existed. We did strange things, but there was more of a lovecraftian bent toward unexplained and unknowable things that arose as a direct result of curiosity in areas that were on shaky scientific ground at best.

Mistaking us for being comparable to a comedy movie, at any point, does a great disservice to the comedy movie. Simply put: We're not terribly funny. Our appeal has always been narrow. I'm an awful person. Just, like...in general. The Ghostbusters were charming characters in humorous situations.

If you wanted to draw parallels here, you'd be better off with a classical literature mash-up, given the themes and personalities present. There was a bit of Herbert West of Reanimator. A lot of Captain Nemo. A few dashes of Arthurian influences. Heavy emphasis on desperation, post and near apocalyptic settings.

With that clarified, let me answer: Neither. Misericorde's leadership has swapped to different hands, character-wise, with Isaac pulling largely away from society, and focusing on providing information, experimental weapons and armor to the people in the field.

Clementine, the woman now in charge of actually running things, is a different character with different sensibilities when it comes to how things go. As it stands, the group's only stated goal is to aid with quelling the rising problems in Ishgard. How they go about that will develop organically.

Fake Edit: Yeah, but that effort post, though.

A few dashes of Arthurian influences.

Slight mention. I'll take it!

But yeah, let me second what Shuck said. Uther has walked a lot of miles and gone on a lot of rough and morally ambiguous journeys with the crew of Misericorde. After the war crimes thing, he kind of wandered off into obscurity. Ghostbusters are great, but it's going to take more than Slimer to pull him back into the action.

We've got a whole new thing going on, with new and old characters alike. It's a revitalization of the old Misericorde, with some new and exciting elements as well as some of the same old reluctant friendships that have been playing out for the past few years.

So are you guys coming back as War Crimes Misericorde or Ghostbusters Misericorde?

The latter never really existed. We did strange things, but there was more of a lovecraftian bent toward unexplained and unknowable things that arose as a direct result of curiosity in areas that were on shaky scientific ground at best.

Mistaking us for being comparable to a comedy movie, at any point, does a great disservice to the comedy movie. Simply put: We're not terribly funny. Our appeal has always been narrow. I'm an awful person. Just, like...in general. The Ghostbusters were charming characters in humorous situations.

If you wanted to draw parallels here, you'd be better off with a classical literature mash-up, given the themes and personalities present. There was a bit of Herbert West of Reanimator. A lot of Captain Nemo. A few dashes of Arthurian influences. Heavy emphasis on desperation, post and near apocalyptic settings.

With that clarified, let me answer: Neither. Misericorde's leadership has swapped to different hands, character-wise, with Isaac pulling largely away from society, and focusing on providing information, experimental weapons and armor to the people in the field.

Clementine, the woman now in charge of actually running things, is a different character with different sensibilities when it comes to how things go. As it stands, the group's only stated goal is to aid with quelling the rising problems in Ishgard. How they go about that will develop organically.

Fake Edit: Yeah, but that effort post, though.

Castus literally described old school Misericorde as "Eorzea's Ghostbusters." I liked the idea of a rag-tag group of voidsent hunters, something akin to Hellboy, and I have a character that fits that premise so I figured I'd ask.

Castus literally described old school Misericorde as "Eorzea's Ghostbusters." I liked the idea of a rag-tag group of voidsent hunters, something akin to Hellboy, and I have a character that fits that premise so I figured I'd ask.

Yeah, unfortunately, the point in time he was describing saw us shelling a mine to kill two people, shooting a woman in the stomach, burning down a crypt and a library with phosphor bombs, and crashing a hijacked airship (we didn't hijack it, we just wrecked it) outside of Ishgard, and stealing components before the authorities arrived.

Really, Sentinel's Ark probably never should've hired us.

Oh, we were also totally prepared to leave the majority of them to die in that mine. In case there was any, and I do mean any further questions about who we are, or what we did, there's some links up in the old recruitment post there. Read those.

Anyway, no harm in asking. Any other questions, feel free.

• 2 weeks later...