Misericorde

Shuck

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So we've had what amounts to a flood of interest for us (meaning any), and I've noticed a common theme.

I'm real glad we come off as fun, likeable people as we're posting here, semi-seriously. Do me, and yourself a favor though. In the Joining tab, there's some links for you to click on. Click those and read the stories.

Just give it a go.

Because the tone of the storytelling, and the one with which I speak to you people casually is more than a little different. Not to say that we're all mopey fuckwits In Character, but like...bruh, this is not a comedy troupe.

Anyway, back to silence.

So we've had what amounts to a flood of interest for us (meaning any), and I've noticed a common theme.

I'm real glad we come off as fun, likeable people as we're posting here, semi-seriously. Do me, and yourself a favor though. In the Joining tab, there's some links for you to click on. Click those and read the stories.

Just give it a go.

Because the tone of the storytelling, and the one with which I speak to you people casually is more than a little different. Not to say that we're all mopey fuckwits In Character, but like...bruh, this is not a comedy troupe.

Anyway, back to silence.

I'm gonna jump on this. If you're looking for that kind of like Joss Whedon pals-who-also-fight-together thing, this isn't it. We'd love to have you in our group, we sincerely would. We just want to make sure you know what you're interviewing for. We're not doing a shawarma scene, or having family reunions at Master Roshi's house, or whatever. Most of our characters don't even like each other, they're just there to get a job done (and, again, not in an anime rival way, just like "That guy's an asshole, but he knows the lay of the land better than I do"). There's a level of trust and respect, generally speaking, but not a terrible amount of joking. If you're looking for a cultural analogy, I'd compare it more to like... uhhh... maybe The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen (the comic, not the terrible movie) dynamic, than say.... the Smallville pseudo-Justice League.... if that makes sense.

That being said, we obviously joke around OOC in the LS/FC because that's what friends do. We're not robots.

Just want to make sure you guys know what you're getting as far as tone.

Also yeah, read the stories if you're confused.

• 3 months later...

Very interested in this as it doesn't seem to scream two things I hate about "kids" roleplaying today: 

1. Everything has to be a bubbly Anime moment.

2. Standing around and narrating what they want you to think is happening instead of getting out into the world and making things happen. 

Though, in all seriousness I like the attitude and detail presented here. Your server is ridiculous to try to get into though. I hope that they do something about the 2 hour queue or the RP community, as a whole, moves to a new server. One day, maybe I can transfer there.