Returning, interested in getting into RP

So I quit FFXIV shortly after doing OS1-4 , so before sigmascape ever came out, im terrible with dates.

I went to world of warcraft, and while I had fun there, I found I had the most fun because I decided to try RP. I slowly found myself RPing more and more and more, and over the last buncha months I have come to miss FFXIV but really love RPing. So I found this site, transfered to Mateas, and am hoping to find folks to play with that wouldn't mind someone not completely 100% lore-savvy. I respect lore, and don't like to play outside of it, but I don't know all of FFXIV's im afraid. I am going to make a character page shortly or one in the player directory anyway!

Welcome back. If you liked RP in WoW, I'm sure you'll love it here.  Most of us don't get bent out of shape if you're not 100% on lore, even within lore there's some wiggle room. And outside of lore, just don't go too crazy and we can go with it.

But since it seems like you're interested in lore, a good place to start is right here in the Welcome pages.

Now that I am here, what do I do? An introduction to Eorzea.
https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/topic/18296-now-that-i-am-here-what-do-i-do-an-introduction-to-eorzea/

has some useful links to get the basics down.

For more detailed articles, you can't beat our lore guru

Sounsyy's Lore Compilations Index
https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/topic/17092-sounsyys-lore-compilations-index/

And who knows, maybe we'll cross paths in Eorzea.

1 hour ago, Cassian0585 said:

I sure hope so :) I've not seen much RPing so far, I've walked about Ul'Dah and Limsa a bit, do people not RP in /say in this game?

Not as much as in the past, with housing and some exodus a lot has moved to events and inside.

Best this is to go to events and join an RP FC, that way you can start to establish some contacts.