Returning Casual RPer!

Goodday!

My names WhiskyDonut and I finally decided to do an introduction here. I have been playing FFXIV on and off for several years now but never really managed to get into some proper RP due to several issues. I play on Balmung and there's the first.. I'm an EU player (and not even an english one so my english may be a bit off). So often, RP happens in the middle of the night for me when I am not online. My main character is Saidan Dotharl, a big ol' grumpy pants which has recently taken a shine to the Odachi and Dark Knight magic. Going to try and work him into a sorta.. DRK/SAM Hybrid. Other than him, I have several other chars of various personalities, though most of them are fighters of some sort. As my title says.. I am a returning Casual RPer, I don't RP non-stop and defenatly doesnt always take priority over other things like it used to. I can however, become a hardcore RPer again with the right setting. Just, needing to find my place, ye know?

Right, suppose that's all I have to say for now, if people have any questions feel free to ask and I will answer at my earliest convenience. ^^ Also, I am terrible at doing these things so, ya. I tried ok! 😧

Welcome to the community. Since you're an EU player, maybe you'll have better luck with RP if you try the Omega server, that is where most of the EU roleplayers are. But if you're happy with Balmung you should be able to find some people who play during the hours you're awake.

Although the poster above me means well, I would very much disagree Omega has "most" of the EU RPers. Balmung has several EU-centric FCs (these are just the ones I know about), with one of these groups having more members than all the RPers I've encountered on Omega combined. It's a lovely server, by all means roll an alt there, but I would strongly advise against transferring your Balmung characters due to misinformation you'll find more RP on Omega, which you won't. If you leave you won't be able to get back for the foreseeable future as transfers are closed and character creation is locked. 

Hello there, welcome back! I would agree that Balmung's population of EU players + players from elsewhere with odd sleep schedules probably outnumbers Omega's RPers. It may not hurt to make an alt there to check it out, but if you're lucky enough to have a character on Balmung already, I wouldn't recommend transferring! There's a decent EU community here, even some FC's/LS's/Discords dedicated to them assuming those are still active, so even if you can't make most of the events on the server, I think you can still find plenty of people to RP with! :)

On 6/26/2018 at 4:16 PM, Tregarde said:

Welcome to the community. Since you're an EU player, maybe you'll have better luck with RP if you try the Omega server, that is where most of the EU roleplayers are. But if you're happy with Balmung you should be able to find some people who play during the hours you're awake.

I wasn't planning on it though. I have 8 chars on Balmung and have RP'ed here before, though it was very on and off so to say.

23 hours ago, SQUAWK said:

Although the poster above me means well, I would very much disagree Omega has "most" of the EU RPers. Balmung has several EU-centric FCs (these are just the ones I know about), with one of these groups having more members than all the RPers I've encountered on Omega combined. It's a lovely server, by all means roll an alt there, but I would strongly advise against transferring your Balmung characters due to misinformation you'll find more RP on Omega, which you won't. If you leave you won't be able to get back for the foreseeable future as transfers are closed and character creation is locked. 

I am not one for realm hopping. I have 8 chars on Balmung which I am happy with. Though.. One I am currently still trying to figure out "class"-wise. I actually made a thread asking about that too in uh.. can't remember.. where you ask help with character creation. xD

14 hours ago, Faye said:

Hello there, welcome back! I would agree that Balmung's population of EU players + players from elsewhere with odd sleep schedules probably outnumbers Omega's RPers. It may not hurt to make an alt there to check it out, but if you're lucky enough to have a character on Balmung already, I wouldn't recommend transferring! There's a decent EU community here, even some FC's/LS's/Discords dedicated to them assuming those are still active, so even if you can't make most of the events on the server, I think you can still find plenty of people to RP with! :)

Thank you! Balmungs RP is all over the place I know. But I am just very unlucky in finding decent RP around the time that I am about to RP. I tend to avoid the quicksand, because RP is found there very single minute of the day but.. As far as I have seen, and I don't mean to judge too far, I am sure there are good people there.. but.. As far as I have seen, Quicksand RP makes me cringe a bit. But I am in a LS for Au Ra and they post the events for the day everyday using a bot, I think, but all of those are american hours, so for me.. that's in the middle of the night, so that's rather inconvenient.