[Balmung] Wandering Samurai seeks community

Looking For:

- Friends

- Plots 

Character Background:

b9Y69kS.png

Character Name: Kichiro Gunji

Origin: Isolated Raen Gunji Clan of Othard that was shattered upon Garlean invasion of the region. 

Character Profession: Samurai that fought for the Doman Liberation Front once assigned by his Lord with the remaining survivors of his clan.

Current Location: While the Gunji elders and clan leaders decide on the plan to rebuild post war, he now visits Aldenard with the objective of building ties with those who also oppose the Garlean menace. 

Other notable information: While Kichiro prizes honor and duty that is often found amongst Samurai, he holds some resentment that the strict traditional culture of his clan may have lead to its downfall. He had spent some moons in Aldenard previously, but recalls little of his time there as his work in Othard was often hectic and all consuming. If someone wants him as a partner, then he will be candid that his clan would only accept him partnering with a Raen to rebuild the Gunji lineage. However, he is happy to make friends and work with a diverse group of people and his time in the Doman Liberation Front did much to shatter any previous prejudices he would have against other races. 

Player Background:  I'm a veteran RP'er of an embarrassing number of years, however I am just returning to FFXIV after a long hiatus. I've not played with any consistency since the spring of 2017. I work a third shift in the US EST time zone UTC-5. I enjoy doing all RP, however I'm wary of dice related RP that robs the storytellers of any agency. If GM's have a method of ensuring that player choice matters more than the dice, then I can be flexible. 

Edited by Kichiro Gunji
Found an FC for now, thanks!

Welcome back! If a Mist-based location is fine with you, Ardent Lotus is open for applications as far as an FC goes. We have plotty things that can take place all over the realm, and plenty of potential friendos. :) If my FC doesn't tickle your fancy, that's fine too! I'd be happy to RP with another sward-lovin' lizard. My main is Tansui Sasanami--poke me any time!

3 hours ago, Lutra said:

Welcome back! If a Mist-based location is fine with you, Ardent Lotus is open for applications as far as an FC goes. We have plotty things that can take place all over the realm, and plenty of potential friendos. :) If my FC doesn't tickle your fancy, that's fine too! I'd be happy to RP with another sward-lovin' lizard. My main is Tansui Sasanami--poke me any time!

Thanks! Right now, his story is quite wide open to be honest. A mist-based location may work well enough. I loved reading about your FC so far, it seems it'd be a good fit for Kichi. Though he's extremely loyal to his own Clan, they are in steep decline and on the verge of collapse. Maybe joining another would do him well. Adding you as a friend should we get a chance to RP. 

Hello, if you wind up still looking, I would like to recommend potentially looking at my FC, Knights of Eorzea. We are a good match for someone who is interested in a multifaceted FC that uses an overarching plot to tie events together for everyone, using simple character sheets and a FATE based system to introduce some randomness to encounters. However, dice is not the end-all of RP. We try to incorporate characters' personal stories into the parts of the plot that use sheets when applicable, and character development is encouraged in between GMed encounters.

IC, we consist of an adventurer branch and a tavern branch with optional participation in either or both. The IC intentions of the group are good aligned and often humanitarian in nature, in between facing some villainy as well as freeform downtime. 

We have a very creative community of housing designers, GMs, video editors, writers and artists of varying kinds who are always looking to meet interesting new characters and OOC friends who feel they might mesh. We also encourage those who are interested in such to pick up GMing themselves down the line if they feel comfortable with trying it out, though this is not mandatory. If interested, we do a website app then an IC interview. 

If you would like to meet someone before applying, our leader is Ryslo Suramlo. Airis Sakuragi administrates Luminous, our tavern. Or you can contact me Waht'ya Zangholo with any questions.

https://www.knightsofeorzea.com

Much of our info is in the link bar at the top. Happy FC hunting!

Edited by Waht'ya
  • 2 weeks later...