How To Get Into Dark/Crime RP?

Neryem

Howdy. So I had a question concerning character things.

My upcoming elezen was being aimed for the potential for a more darker RP themed ventures and that thing. I just don't know how to involve myself with that type of thing.

Edited by Neryem

"Dark / "Mature" can encompass a whole wide variety of different topics. Rape,  torture and abuse (physical or psychological or both), death, dismemberment, slavery, demonic possession, mind games, mindbreak, etc. One early example of the game implying similar dark themes early on is Haukke Manor, and the Palace of the Dead in later deeper levels.

What specific topics / areas did you want your elezen to get into? What partner or group do you trust enough to handle such subjects without getting weird about it? Do you want to keep such developments mainline canon in your toon's bio or an alternate universe exploration? These are the basic questions to consider before getting into it.

It's honestly up to the individual. To me, things like rape falls under a squick and not necessarily 'dark'. 
I tend to think of darker themes as more gritty, criminal elements, things of more serious nature, macabre, gore, etc.

I would suggest going over what you might consider darker inclinations for you.

And always remember if you feel something you aren't comfortable with, you have complete rights to say "No, I'm not interested in xyz" or "No, I think we're done".

Edited by Fox
13 hours ago, Kieron Lohengrin said:

What specific topics / areas did you want your elezen to get into? 

Sorry. I meant like dark as in like "crime or mafia" type of RP. Nothing like super sexual like rape or actual character death!

There are quite a lot of crime syndicates and mafias around to be rather honest with you. I'd suggest checking the linkshells and free companies, as a family-based sense of the word would be best suited under an FC.

Assuming you play on Balmung, there's groups like the Watcher's Eye (I think that's what its called???) and Ebonguard for crimey wimey stuff. Just take a look at the Linkshell/Free Company clubs here and see if any tickle your fancy. 

But in essence, finding darker/criminal RP is the same as finding any old RP. Reach out to characters and roleplayers of similar tastes. Join discords, linkshells, and free companies to make your connections pool larger and have access to plots. Post a LFRP ad for your elezen and the potential criminal hooks and see if anything comes forth from that. It's not too hard at all if you look and ask around o/

• 3 weeks later...