New and gearing up for RP finally!

Leezil

Hello there!

I've been RPing and playing MMORPGs for a long, long time, but never at the same time! I've mostly RP'd in Neverwinter Nights and Neverwinter Nights 2 communities since I was a wee babby teenager, and got into MMOs with Ragnarok Online, FFXI, and Guild Wars. I very briefly did some RP on GW2 with some NWN2 friends but it fizzled out pretty quickly.

I've wanted to try RPing on FFXIV for years, but always had better RP prospects elsewhere. I feel like it's finally time to give it a try, especially now that Viera may be the new playable race. I have some time until they make it official whether or not Viera will be playable, but I can hardly RP my existing character and then have her suddenly become a Viera! So for now I intend to bide my time, absorb lore and the community and hopefully find people to RP with once the news is out. If it's not Viera...well, darn. I'll still RP.

I'm already in an FC, so I'm curious if there are any OOC linkshell communities on Balmung who would welcome a future roleplayer? 

A few other things about myself to share per the welcome template!:

- My headcannon for my main has always been a struggling private investigator, and I'll be translating that into RP once the Viera question is settled.

- I am a hardcore RPer on NWN2, but will probably be a little more medium once I start RPing as I do want to play the rest of the content! My RP style is more mundane, and I love getting into the heads of my characters and exploring their vulnerabilities. 

- I work in the game industry and my hobbies include...uh, games.

- I have a cat and a parrot (conure). The conure likes to stomp on my keyboard...

Anyway, well met and hoping I can eventually find a home for my future Viera/not-Viera private investigator! 

Heya!

Welcome to FFXIV and the RPC forums!

If it's Linkshells you are looking for I'd suggest hitting the "Linkshell" tab above you on the menu header and take a browse through there!

I see you are on Balmung, so here's a link to their linkshell page!

https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/search/?type=forums_topic&nodes=203&tags=balmung

Enjoy!

Hello there, I'm glad you're stepping into the world of FFXIV RP! :D

I'd be glad to role-play whenever you're ready to dip your toes in, but in the meantime, you're welcome to check out my free company, Teatime! I know you've already got the FC part covered, but we do have a Discord server that anyone is welcome to join, and as an information brokering FC, a private investigator would fit right in! :) 

20 hours ago, Faye said:

Hello there, I'm glad you're stepping into the world of FFXIV RP! :D

I'd be glad to role-play whenever you're ready to dip your toes in, but in the meantime, you're welcome to check out my free company, Teatime! I know you've already got the FC part covered, but we do have a Discord server that anyone is welcome to join, and as an information brokering FC, a private investigator would fit right in! :) 

Thank you for the top! I'm reading through it all and it actually looks like my perfect cup of tea, so I may poke my head in soon.