The Night Shift

Zikh

Hello! My name is Zikh Milh'to.

The Night Shift will be a linkshell built for people who are up late at night, usually over night. Since having people to play with during those times can usually be difficult to arrange, it's better to collect them into one place.

MMO's have become an increasing pain in the neck for loners, whether they choose to be that way or not, and during these times it can be difficult to get anything real done without assistance. The night shift has your back!

We'll be beginning fresh as soon as A Realm Reborn launches. The benefit of this being we can choose any server, and any starting point.

The primary times for this guild will be somewhere between 10PM Mountain Time and anywhere upwards of noon.

A little about myself, I'm a night worker at a hotel, so my time is usually open and easy to spend. This means however my times are spent on at night typically, and I can't be the only one up at these times! So let's make friends and cash in on loot!

We'd just need to pick a server. I wonder if they'll allow character transfers after the game launches? If not we'll likely start on Balmung like everyone else. Though there was a post about that wasn't there? Something about legacy servers...

But regardless, having night players would be best. I usually have six hour spans of jack going on between me and playing.

Altho my playtimes will vary depending on the day of the week...

Weds, Thurs, Fri: Only on after 10 pm CST.

Sat, Sun, Mon, Tues: Probably on early afternoon well into the wee hours of the morning.

...I'd very much like to have associates to both play the game with and role play with during the wee hours.  Im most definitely interested in this.

Altho my playtimes will vary depending on the day of the week...

Weds, Thurs, Fri: Only on after 10 pm CST.

Sat, Sun, Mon, Tues: Probably on early afternoon well into the wee hours of the morning.

...I'd very much like to have associates to both play the game with and role play with during the wee hours.  Im most definitely interested in this.

Awesome! It's been so hard for me to find night time members in other games.

So! SE has announced that it will now allow for people to create characters on Legacy world,s including Balmung!

That being the case I might as well begin preparing for the Night Shift to be created!

I will be joining the Balmung server as a Gladiator under the name Zikh Milh'to! So I'll be running around the desert for a while. I'll see you all during the next beta test starting tomorrow!

Today and tomorrow I will be lounging around in Ul'Dah outside the Thaumaterge's guild. Anyone willing to join the night shift shell, and come hang out with me should feel free to!

On that note not sure exactly where I'll be sitting, but you'll spot me. This will be my first time actually recruiting players in the game for the shell. Since we've all been enjoying the beta there hasn't been a great deal of time for that. I hope we can all meet and get to know one another as we roleplay and quest!

(GLD looking for WHM if you know what I mean. :P)

The Night Shift is searching for players between 9PM and 9AM but is open to all people that play late night. :)

During Phase 3 I will be logging in regularly at 8AM (give or take) every morning during the five day testing. If you would like to join the nightshift on Balmung to have access to other night time and overnight players, interested in both social and roleplaying, please send me a letter via the delivery moogle, a friend request, or a message on these boards!

My name in game for those who've missed it: Zikh Milh'to

I look forwards to seeing you all in game!

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thank you for your patience!

Sadly I wasn't invited into Phase 4, but now I'm back during the launch! They also apparently destroyed my characters (:'<) So now I'm starting from scratch!

Just like before I'm going to be implementing the night shift onto the Balmung server. If this needs to change to Gilgamesh due to legacy server problems, I'll make sure to point it out here.

As always, we will be recruiting members of the community who enjoy roleplay and collaboration specifically during the night time hours, or low traffic hours, as people who are on overnight usually have few people to regularly play with. This way, we can enjoy the night and empty areas of the world together rather than struggling in vain alone.

I will retain the name Zikh Milh'To, so send me a letter, a message, a friend request, anything to let me know you want to join and I'll do my best to accommodate you! We're open to all players, all regions, so I hope to see some of our English speaking friends over seas with us as well!

Balmung (after the server boosts) has finally accepted me onto the server.

To that end, Zikh Milh'To is now an active member of the community! Send me a letter, a friends request, a message here (though that will be harder to manage) and I'll add you to the shell!

Once again we're a community that offers ourselves to night time and overnight players who are on at the wee hours of the morning and usually have no one to play with!

Zikh is wandering the world to discover what happened to his mother during the calamity.

We don't have a voice chat set up, but if you'd like to do one go on ahead. I was never big on using them because for some reason it makes a few people uncomfortable. I'll write your names down and see if I can send you guys some letters regarding the matter. Hope to see you all soon!

I'll just go ahead and put this here. The easiest way to reach me at any time whether I'm on or not is to get my steam ID. If it's on, my computer is on. Enough said. Send me a message and add me on there as well.

I'm currently 21 in Ul'Dah as a gladiator, so it might be hard to remind yourselves sometimes.

I'm a night owl myself, often on starting at midnight or so eastern US time and running through morning. I'd love to join in too, if I can. I'm currently at work (and forum browsing when I should be doing, you know, stuff) but will try to catch people when I get on tonight :D