Eorzean Labor Union (Inactive)

Disclaimer: This is NOT a guild, but rather a community/network that serves characters who partake in crafting/gathering. Characters can be members of the ELU regardless of how much or little they craft/gather.

[align=center]Find yourself working a full day for barely enough gil [/align]

[align=center]to afford a bed and a meal?[/align]

[align=center]Eager to take up skilled work as an Apprentice?[/align]

[align=center]Want secure work prospects both for city and private jobs?[/align]

[align=center]Join the Eorzean Labor Union![/align]

My main and alt (if I ever stop being lazy and actually make him) did some crafting to help rebuild after the calamity. This is an interesting concept. Even if I don't end up joining, I'd love to see it implemented.

As both a miner and an Armorer, I'm very interested in this idea.

You seem to be a more casual linkshell, which is good, as it gives opportunities to play/rp with new people without committing to more than one heavy RP ls that demands a lot of your time.

My question, however, is just how involved do you intend this shell to be? Would you just come up with event ideas and have crafting circles? Or maybe actually seek out people who need things made?

This sounds great!  I'm planning on spending most of the open beta time workig up my carpentry and gathering skills.  Possibly push a little into weaving but not sure yet.  Mikki's background is of a carpenter and farmer so trying to have those skills in place before I develop her as an adventurer.

This could be a fun linkshell to join just as a resource for crafter types.  It also fits perfect with the other RP linkshells and free company I've joined.

This could be a fun linkshell to join just as a resource for crafter types.  It also fits perfect with the other RP linkshells and free company I've joined.

Exactly the reason it was created! You're welcome to join and supplement your other "main" RP guilds with some crafting/gathering adventures :)

@Myllor

My question, however, is just how involved do you intend this shell to be? Would you just come up with event ideas and have crafting circles? Or maybe actually seek out people who need things made?

I am also in a "full time" guild, and wont have time to seek people out for things, but we may pull together a website and have a "Request Board" on there. I am more than happy to filter those and notify appropriate ELU crafters/gatherers.

We will have occasional events, and also likely help with other guild's events. I don't aim for this to be a primary source of RP for people. It's mostly just a cool idea that would add some IC flavor to crafting/gathering and hopefully make those hours leveling up pass by quicker.

Oh and also for profit. :P

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This offers some potential as a linkshell candidate that id take a pearl for.

Being as myself IC is not only a freelance adventurer to sum it up, he also does work for folks around the city and outposts for gathering resource type jobs and may do a bit of crafting as well(Since i plan to full on immerse myself in gathering/fishing/crafting at launch whether while rp'ing or just on my own ne way)