Hi there!

Hiya! I'm FreeJayFly, and I'm new to FFXIV in general (though I enjoy the Final Fantasy franchise, and have since my very first experience with it when I was still in elementary school starting with FFVIII). I'm really glad that I found this place as I was snooping around to find some RP sites for the game.

My first MMORPG was World of Warcraft when my brother insisted that we get it. I didn't get to play much, and since I was in middle school at the time, I relented into playing RuneScape with friends of the time, only ever getting my Night Elf Hunter to level 37 at the most since my brother always kicked me off. 😛 Since then, I've explored playing a number of other MMORPGs, dabbling in free to play ones since I never got a proper chance to play WoW after my brother changed passwords.

Admittedly, I'm relatively new to RPing in a predefined gamescape. I tried once with friends on their Ragnarok server, though I never much got into the mindset of it at the time. Since my fiancé and I have been together, though, we both went to WoW to revisit. Here is where we both tried out RP in setting, and I found that I actually enjoyed it after getting into a more comfortable state of mind. However, I have been RPing on forums for a a good fourteen years at this point, and have an account on RPRepository where I do a lot of diverse setting RPs.

My main character that I'd like to use for RP is on the Mateus server, and her name is Primam Chorus! ^ u ^ She started off as a FFXV Comrades character, and I suppose that idea even extends into how I'd like to RP as her. Just some confused person from Eos who's looking for a way back. :'D At the moment, she's pretty much just taking some odd jobs here and there for some extra Gil as she attempts to either acclimate, or actually manage to find a way back. Aside from odd jobs, she offers aid as a healer on some adventures! I'd like to use her more for RP, though I'm actually admittedly a bit shy about approaching people within the setting, since I kind of run on the assumption that people are already busy with their own RPs, and I'd rather not just butt in. ; v ;

As for stuff I do outside of playing games or role playing... I enjoy drawing for the most part. :D I run a 5e campaign on Saturdays with my fiancé and some good friends of mine, and I participate in some Exalted games with other friends who also play FFXIV (though not at this current time, as many of them are waiting for Shadowbringers before they renew their subs). Other than that, I'd say that my general, day-to-day isn't very exciting.Unless you want to count binge watching any number of things on YouTube, Netflix, or Crunchyroll while working on commissions as 'exciting'. 😛

Thanks for the warm welcomes. ^ o ^ ♥

I don't think I have too many questions at the moment... other than maybe where might the best place to start RPing be? I've seen a number of RPers in Ul'dah and Limsa Lominsa. I like New Gridania as a setting, though I don't tend to see too many people there. Well, in comparison to the other city states, I mean.

The Quicksand on both Mateus and Balmung are hot-spots for random-RP and walk ups, so it may be a good place for you to start out- you may also be able to watch other people's RP which can maybe help inspire you? All depending on what is going on of course. People do sometimes roleplay in the other city-states but as far as I can tell it's not as frequent & may be more in a pre-arranged meet-up nature.

I would also recommend hitting up some events when they start up after the shb-launch "grace period" that many events have placed on themselves.
You can check for events in the calendar here on-site or via this link: http://ffxiv-rp.org/CalendarView.html