European Roleplay Community on Crystal Datacenter (Discord inside!)

Hey guys, there are good news for the EUROPEAN COMMUNITY!

It's been a long time since I created a Discord server to gather all EU Roleplayers who play on  the Crystal Datacenter (Balmung, Mateus, etc!).
This server was created to bring together all the EU folks who chose to spend their time on the NA servers. :) 
We have grown quite a bit so far and I would be pleased to let you know that you are welcome to join us any time!
Make sure to read the rules upon joining! 

Here is the Discord link, looking forward to meeting you! ;)

https://discord.gg/dqxcnXx

• 3 weeks later...

Untitled_design_1.png

Hello everyone !

The Crystal EU RPC Server is proud to present you the Void of Vengeance Roleplay Campaign! Thanks to the efforts of the Admin & Community Project Team of the Crystal EU RPC Server, a compelling Roleplay Campaign is going to get started on November 8th and it will span onward for roughly three weeks.

This Roleplay Campaign has been designed to involve the largest number of Roleplayers possible and give all of you an easy reason to participate - while, at the same time, taking care of the notions of quality and structure. Whether your character is a fighter, a healer or an artisan, it doesn't matter! There is space for everyone to contribute to this effort towards the mysterious disorders in the Twelveswood.

Below you'll find the dates with the Main Events of the Void of Vengeance Campaign:
First Event (Introduction): Friday 8th November.
Middle Event (Development): Friday 15th November.
Last Event (Grand Finale): Friday 22nd November.

There can be minor events during the week that separates each major event from one another. This means, small initiatives can be taken in between, to breathe life into the Campaign.

The First Event on November 8th will be a Call To Arms for all adventurers willing to participate! You will be debriefed at Mih Khetto Amphitheatre, then you'll be assigned into the Team that suits your character best.

For more information, please have a look at the Crystal EU RPC carrd:
https://crystal-eu-rpc.carrd.co/#

• 3 weeks later...

Do you want to be part of the **EUROPEAN ROLEPLAY COMMUNITY** on the Crystal Datacenter? 
Join our Fellowship entirely dedicated to RPers of the EU timezone! 
This Fellowship is driven to gather all EU RPers in the Crystal Datacenter, to roleplay together. Meeting up will be easier if we share a similar timezone! 
(Everyone is welcome to join us, by the way! It doesn't truly matter where you come from!).

Look us up in the Fellowship Finder! 

ffxiv_29102019_152243_114.png

• 2 weeks later...

The Void of Vengeance Campaign has gotten started!
With an attendance of 50+ people, the Campaign provided by the EU Crystal RPC has already met a rousing success. 
With daily open-world RP and weekly missions, the Campaign will span over the course of three weeks or more.

Join us on our Discord server and find out more! :)
https://crystal-eu-rpc.carrd.co/

Untitled design (1).png

• 2 weeks later...

The Void of Vengeance Campaign has finished and what can we say, it has been a rousing success!
The WARK! Magazine even made an article about this initiative organized by the EU Crystal RPC.

Check it out! 
WARK! Magazine Article about VoV RP Campaign

Moreover, we have a lot of information and Feedback from the players on our EU Crystal RPC carrd! Check it out!
EU Crystal RPC carrd

• 1 month later...

Hello Dwassyith !

I just returned to the game after a few years of absence, so I'm not completely familiar with everything yet, but your idea really seems awesome !

I'm a European player on the Balmung server, looking for some RP, so maybe I could fit in your group ?

But to be honest, I don't know what a Fellowship is ?

At first I was more looking for a Free Company, but finding a (not too heavy) RP European FC on Balmung doesn't seem very easy...

It looks like what you're talking about is a "multi-server RP experience", but how does it work if we're not all on the same server ?

Can you tell me a bit more about it, here or in private if you don't want to derail your thread ?

Thanks a lot !

• 2 weeks later...

Fellowships are a new social feature as of Patch 5.1.

https://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/3a23a8ba13b2c4152681ec4fa5716915b851002f#fellowships

In a gist, they're a grouping for more people than a Linkshell (chatgroup) or Free Company (guild), but without any dedicated chat/housing features. Think of like a shoutbox, poll station, and member list.

9 hours ago, Unnamed Mercenary said:

Fellowships are a new social feature as of Patch 5.1.

https://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/3a23a8ba13b2c4152681ec4fa5716915b851002f#fellowships

In a gist, they're a grouping for more people than a Linkshell (chatgroup) or Free Company (guild), but without any dedicated chat/housing features. Think of like a shoutbox, poll station, and member list.

Ah ok I see, thanks !

This looks interesting indeed !

But I've tried searching for Dwassyith's EU Crystal RPC but didn't find it on the Fellowship list ... does he have to be ingame for it to work or something ?

18 hours ago, Remis_Locke said:

It would seem that we're like of mind, Aelwyna! I too am an EU roleplayer looking for a FC or 'Fellowship' (whatever that might be).

Well, it's a bit strange to me that there is no EU RP Company on Balmung, as it's supposed to be the "unofficial" RP server, that's actually why I transfered here !

I had some fun random RP here and there, but I would really love to be part of a RP Free Company that operates on EU times ... no idea where to find that unfortunately 🙄

Edited by Aelwyna
On 1/5/2020 at 7:00 AM, Aelwyna said:

Ah ok I see, thanks !

This looks interesting indeed !

But I've tried searching for Dwassyith's EU Crystal RPC but didn't find it on the Fellowship list ... does he have to be ingame for it to work or something ?

It'll depend on the settings. People can be invited to them, just like a Linkshell or Free Company, but there are also publicly searchable ones too. The lists aren't sorted in any meaningful way, so it could be pages upon pages though. Or it could be set with/without the RP tag or language settings. @Dwassyith Swanra would likely need to confirm.

On 1/5/2020 at 7:02 AM, Aelwyna said:

Well, it's a bit strange to me that there is no EU RP Company on Balmung, as it's supposed to be the "unofficial" RP server, that's actually why I transfered here !

I had some fun random RP here and there, but I would really love to be part of a RP Free Company that operates on EU times ... no idea where to find that unfortunately

Balmung being the "only" unofficial RP server's mostly outdated information! In terms of larger servers with RPer populations, Mateus (also on Crystal which means you can use World Visit to check it out) and Omega on the Light Datacenter have sizable numbers of RPers too. When the EU Datacenter first opened, the EU population mostly split between staying on Balmung where they were already established and also trying to get RP started up on Omega.

There are still plenty of EU-friendly Linkshells and Free Companies on Balmung and Crystal DC in general, but many of them have since migrated to tumblr, twitter, or discord as their primary contact points instead of using the RPC as a hub site. 

In addition to the RPC's Clubs and LS/FC Hall sections, you may find Maril's RP Index spreadsheet useful for finding FCs and discords as well.

Thanks a lot for all this information !

I'll wait for Dwassyith to tell us a bit more about his Fellowship as I still can't find it.

And the link to the spreadshit doesn't seem to work unfortunately, so ... isn't the point of this forum to find some RP Companies ? Why does it seem so hard ? 😜

Edited by Aelwyna
8 hours ago, Aelwyna said:

Thanks a lot for all this information !

I'll wait for Dwassyith to tell us a bit more about his Fellowship as I still can't find it.

And the link to the spreadshit doesn't seem to work unfortunately, so ... isn't the point of this forum to find some RP Companies ? Why does it seem so hard ? 😜

I fixed the link. It's also here http://tinyurl.com/where-is-the-rp

Listings on the RPC are all handled by the users running those groups. It's not indicative of the full "community." Only the ones who post here. I'd love to give a better answer than that, but many people have since migrated to private discords or only use twitter or tumblr and don't use the RPC's forums as people collectively decided that forums were suddenly not the best place to store their content back in like 2015 when social media and chat services somehow took that over.

I recommend also looking in the Free Company Hall (also provides links to the club sections, which may have other listings and Linkshell Hall (also provides links to the club sections, which may have other listings.

Or you can try some of the discords as well, like the general Crystal RP discord or the FFXIV Chaos RPers discord which was formerly run by Dwassyith (but appears to not be atm).

Woah, thanks again for all this information !

And the spreadshit link now works too  :)

I'm still a bit too "old-school" to use Twitter and Discord and Tumblr or anything which is mainly for teenagers (I love Facebook cos it's for old people now 😆), but I'll take a look at all of your links, and I should most certainly find something that suits me !

Thanks a lot !

Edited by Aelwyna

I...wouldn't call any of those sites "for teens" given that the're all heavily used by people in their 20s and 30s, and many much older. I'd say their target demographic is people in their 20s and 30s (so Millennials mostly), but I know plenty of older people on them too.   

Discord is primarily a cross between IRC and say...ventrillo/teamspeak/mumble/etc servers. People have kinda gotten int othe habit of using channels with pinned posts (or just only those posts) as a storage mechanism instead of forums which isn't really to my personal liking, but it's currently where you'd find the most information these days.

Same for tumblr posts. You'll find way more of Sounsyy's up to date writeups on lore over on tumblr compared to the RPC versions which mostly stopped 2016-2017. I've got a forum redirect link over to it so that it's easy to find. 

This is an interesting discussion indeed !

I wanted to say "sorry Dwassyith for hijacking your thread", but it seems that he has completely disappeared, so he probably won't mind...

I'm in my 40s (almost 50s actually), so, yes, of course, to me people in their 20s are "teenagers", I know that's not the correct word as "teens" disappear after 19, but that's the way I feel  about those young and vibrant people 😜

What I like about Facebook and forums is that things are there to stay, while on all those new things like Twitter and stuff, it's only ephemeral, but it goes exactly with how the newer generation operates, like Spotify, Netflix and everything, you care about something for 1 or 2 minutes and then you switch to something else, which you will care about for 1 or 2 minutes, rince and repeat...

If people like that, good for them, I'm not gonna say "this is not the way to do it", I'm just saying "that's not for me" 🙄