Hi! I'm new to RP on FF14. Any tips/help?

Hello all~ 

As the title states, I'm new to rp on FFXIV and am hoping to get into it. I've tried to rp on other MMOs, main WoW, but just couldnt really find it enjoyable. But! I love FFXIV more than WoW. I do have some other characters that aren't RP characters and have been playing for about 2 months. 

Me and two of my friends have decided to try out RPing. I just.......don't know where to start lol. I have some character ideas. One is a old DnD character that I never really got to play name Marigold Vexx. She would more than likely be a Hyur Red Mage since she was a Bladesinger in the game. But I also kind of want to do with something with my friends. 

Does anyone have tips or suggestions on how to get started after character creation? We are looking to make our characters on the Mateus server. 

Thanks a bunch!

Public events.  Big help to my partner and I.  There's usually a list on here.  Another way is to reach out to groups like FCs that fit your characters needs.  Its basically like any other rp scene, you'll get as much out of it as you put in!  Definitely don't be afraid to reach out to people you enjoyed rping with once you start developing your character.  As far as I've seen, everyone is super nice.

Hey there, and welcome aboard to the RPC! o/

Best advice I can give for a new startup is to try doing some 'lamping' first. If you're not familiar, this is where you eavesdrop on RP'ers to get a sense for how characters operate and function without actually participating yourself. You can get a lot of ideas for your own usage this way too, and if you feel daring, you can ask questions OOC for the players involved too. Most folks are generally friendly with people asking questions. 

Once you've got a handle on that, joining the Mateus and/or Balmung Discords is the next logical step, as you can start making firm character connections with other players that way, or locate FC or linkshell groups to plug into RP in a more easily accessible manner. 

Hello there, welcome to the three of you! I recommend finding some RP groups, whether it be an FC, Discords, linkshells, fellowship, or just making some friends. After that it's just a matter of dipping your toes into the RP once you're ready and beginning to flesh out your character and forge some connections with others!

Hello and welcome Pengu! o/  

As mentioned observing others RPing will be a big help (they usually have an RP tag next to their names). If you or any of your friends are ultra shy you could try RPing with each other in party chat or a secluded area to help build up confidence and apply what you've learned. ^_^