Not Another Xaela!!

Hello hello!

I'm Tai, a college student not new to RP but new to FFXIV style stuff. On my Leviathan account, I'm a lvl 64 WHM so I'm not COMPLETELY  a newbie.

I play a xaela on that account, and through quarantine and finishing finals, I felt an urge to get back into RP. In my teenage years I spent some time roleplaying on tumblr, so I'm used to longer paragraphs but I'm getting into some of the styles I've seen thus far! I wanted to wait until I had a better grasp of Xaela culture and lore before making this post, because there are still some things I'm a little unsure of. 

I play on Mateus, and live in EST. However, given certain life-threatening circumstances outside I am not working (but thanks to the powers that be, my work-study money is still being sent) and I now have the sleep schedule of a bat. The earliest I'm active is around 3pm, and the latest being around 4am. I try to split my time 60/40 between this and my actual character (for story/raid things), so the easiest way to get in contact with me would probably be discord.

Manmi Avagnar is a Xaela whom decided to sneak away in the night, following years of dissatisfaction with her life and feeling out of place among her kin. Stowing away on a Doman ship, she made her way across Eorzea using her nomadic experience to survive before settling in the city-state of Gridania. There, she hopes to learn more about the art of conjury and healing, while also pursuing her other interests of botany and the culinary arts. She's only been in Eorzea for a few moons and isn't used to staying in one place, let alone a completely unfamiliar land filled with curious folk. Despite this, she's trying her best to learn her trades and the culture she's thrown herself into.

While it may seem like she condemns and despises the culture of her kin, deep down she misses home, and can be found on rare occasions making the pilgrimage back to her homeland to look up at the endless sky once more. Spending time away from the Steppe has given her a new perspective, and rather than abhorring her clan's emphasis on strength she now makes attempts to understand her own power and how it fits in with those around her. She no longer interacts with the clans of the Steppe since adopting her ancestral name once more, an action potentially punishable by death.

I like all forms of RP, from light and silly to heavy with mature themes. On the lighter side of things, Manmi is a fish out of water that tries to appear more dignified than she is so as not to seem weak; if one were to, say, regale her with tales of Eorzean culture that weren't exactly true, she'd have no choice but to take them as fact...even if the dance she's obliged to do seems silly. When her lack of knowledge on something comes to light, she's easily flustered. Regarding the heavier side of her character, she is absolutely alone save for her chocobo she got after settling in Gridania. Her clan, the Avagnar, have been all but swallowed by the larger Adarkim clan, and going by one's ancestral name publicly has dire consequences. For some, the trauma of fighting for land and resources to no end results in them coming out stronger; for her, already born smaller than most, it served to damage her confidence even further. She still secretly holds to the belief that those who are strongest are most important, and can get a little mopey if her studies continue as easily as she'd wish. 

I'm pretty much down for any length of RP, whether it's short tavern shenanigans or longer storylines. Really I'd just like to get experience RPing in XIV, making some friends along the way. I'll admit, I still get nervous because it's been a few years since I've done this last, and I don't want to make mistakes. However, I'm very open to criticism, lore correction, or any suggestions at all. Finally, I'm also thinking about joining a LS or FC! I understand that many have long, branching storylines already, but if there's one out there willing to take me in I'd be honored. Thank you and hello again :^)

Manmi.png

Edited by cocoachan