Hello and greetings! I am a new player to Final Fantasy XIV and I wanted to try the game as I have tried a lot of MMORPGs throughout my life (Aion, Tibia, Flyff, Perfect World, Lineage 2, GW2 etc) and it's been a long time ago that I have found a good game. Recently I don't know why I started getting a lot of notifications and news about FF returning from a game that was doomed and don't know what and recently with their updates and stuff. And then I also have been interested in role playing because of D&D and the show Critical Role that made be interested in role playing and last year and up to the beginning of this year I found a group of D&D here in my town so we started playing (i was also DMing while being my first time lol). But because of everything that is happening in the world we stopped playing together (also I think they lost interest in it unfortunately). Then, I recently thought of trying to role play in MMOs which after watching that there is a way to RP in GTA I thought what if there was a way to RP in MMOs. And after researching from all the MMOs that might have RP available the only one that I thought that would be good and also that I haven't tried the game. So I decided to try it and right now I'm playing with a Trial account until level 60 (at writing this I'm Level 22) and I'm looking for an RP guild(?) I dont know if guilds are in this game or they're called FC? But I would like someone to introduce me in RP inside the game, and also to learn more about it because I have been trying to find a game that I can play for a while besides single player games and I liked to role play but unfortunately I haven't found any game or place to do it. 

My character name is Rael Nailo and I have a bit of a story that I want to do but I don't have a lot of background story or anything. The only thing that I have is that my character is looking for knowledge of the world and be a sort of historian (so I wanted to be Scholar) but everything can change in his travels (kind of me trying different classes and see which one I like the most). The race is Elezen from the clan Wildwood and follows the deity/guardian Thaliak that is the Scholar. 

I hope I can find somewhere that I can role play and join a good community. Thank you 

Nice to meet you!  You have it right, guilds are free companies in this game.  If I remember correctly, trial accounts can't join FCs.  However, if you decide to keep playing, there's plenty of FCs to choose from.

Hello there, Rael, welcome! :D I'm not sure how many RP FC's there are on Malboro, but you might be able to find some. Best of luck, and feel free to let us know if you have any questions about RP!

Thank you and uff well I will see if I do get the subscription lol. I do have questions about to RP and it is...how to do it? do you guys do it through discord, through the game? or how would you role play? how do characters have arcs on the game? Can you let me know in summary how it is the whole concept of it in the game? Thank you

Half and half for me.  I've made some close acquaintances and friends through one offs and my FC.  Things just kind of developed from there and now I help out with story arcs and that makes people want to help out with mine.  I'd say it was like networking for job contacts for me, at first.

There's a making connections section here and if you find a good FC, they usually have an rp requests channel.  Also, just spontaneously doing a walk up with someone who is advertising are all good ways to jump right in to rping.

That being said, its always good to have something planned for your character as well since it usually ends up being a give and take type of relationship.

Nice to meet you! Don't worry, the community is very welcoming and there are a bunch of us new players running around here. I'm pretty eager to get into the RP community as well, but I've been getting acquainted with everything first. Hopefully I'll see you around Eorzea!