Howdy Pardners

Hey all! My friend and I are long time WoW RPers from Wyrmrest Accord, but WoW... well we don't wanna play it anymore, let's leave it at that and prevent me from ranting. 

He and I both made Seekers, who are brothers. The general story is that my they were separated from their parents while in Ul'dah, and my character, the older of the two, was kidnapped by slavers while the younger brother escaped and became a sort of street kid. The older brother ends up escaping eventually, and believing his younger brother and parents both to be dead (likely because he was told that by his captors repeatedly) he elects to stay in Limsa Lominsa, as a mercenary. MY QUESTION IS- he was born S'vael Tia. Would it be breaking lore if, given his circumstances, he dropped his tribal affix, and the Tia, and went by Vael Stoneclaw, choosing a strong sounding name given his line of work? I'm not sure how strict naming conventions are in lore and whatnot. 

Glad to be here and thanks for reading!

Considering the loss of his family and the pain of captivity under slavers I don't think it's unreasonable that someone would seek to reinvent themselves. Heck in FF X1 Galka had their own naming convention, but were also given more "spiritual/regal" names by the humes like Silver Claw and what not.

Welcome, Wyrmies!

I understand your frustrations and you don’t even have to go into detail about it, but I do still catch myself going back now and then (I still have 10 days left and wanna work on my first Alliance, dang it), but that means I’ll have to redownload and reconfigure my addons, so.. it helps me from not staying too long..

ANYWAY.. I don’t see it breaking the lore, either! With XIV, the lore is a lot more open than Azeroth and its counterparts, where we can be pretty much whatever we want to be without people jumping down our throats about it 🙂

I hope your time in Eorzea is great and you have a lot of fun~