Hello all,

I am a seasoned roleplayer who is new to the FF14 setting, and so I have been doing research to familiarize myself with the lore before diving into RP. In particular, I have been reading up on the Xaela and I am really into the Mongolian vibe that they appear to have. Based on what I have read, I am under the impression that they do not typically leave their tribes or the Azim Steppe, and so my question is this:

If you have a Xaela adventurer, how did you justify them leaving the Azim Steppe? Furthermore, how does your Xaela get on with others? From what I have read, they also appear to be untrusting or even hostile to those outside of the tribe. Thank you to any who reply. I am sure the answer to these questions are obvious, but like I said I am pretty new to this setting.

Edited by cptndunsel

There have been groups of Xaela who've left the Steppe in the pursuit of new lands, adventure, etc. You may like the Dark Knight and the Alexander raid quests for a couple examples. But it's also important to state that the various race/clan options we have the character creator are just 1-2 options out of many. (Like how the Roegadyn in Othard don't fall under Sea Wolf or Hellsgard. And Hyur are literally everywhere).

The simplest answers for leaving are things like:

• "I wanted to see the world." / "I was told I needed to see the world."
  • Trade
  • Tribal conflict (maybe disgraced? Or needed to leave [temporarily] to find something)